Thread: Trade Galchenyuk???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Galchenyuk???

Points only, League in Signature.

Would you trade Galchenyuk for B Ryan and Hedman?
    League: 10 team, points only, keep 20

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

D: Hedman, Subban, Letang, Carlson, Hamilton, Suter,

G: Schneider, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Vasilievsky

Banned

**** yeah I would...and I LOVE Galchekyuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I know, I absolutely hate to let him go, but the other guy is a huge Habs fan... I just think B Ryan still hasn't hit his ceiling, and Hedman could break out this year....
    League: 10 team, points only, keep 20

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

D: Hedman, Subban, Letang, Carlson, Hamilton, Suter,

G: Schneider, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Vasilievsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Galcheyuk is great but, I'd rather have Ryan and Hedman, there's no doubt in my mind that we have yet to see the best of Ryan, and Hedman to for that matter. Hedman to me is better than both Larsson and Ellis.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamelToews View Post

No, I wouldn't, for a few reasons, none of which have to do with this trade at face value. Ryan has underwhelmed the past couple of seasons. People still value him greatly in fantasy circles, and it baffles me. I think he and OV are examples if underwhelming players with over-inflated value.

I see Galchenyuk as the face of Mtl's future. He's flashing multi-point talent early in his career. He's producing now the way one would expect Ryan to be playing at this stage of his career.

If I were dealing Galy, I'd feel better about it getting a player who seems to be living up to his billing. The biggest reason I wouldn't take this deal is because he's a Mtl fan. If he's that hard up for Galy and an Hab's fan, I think you could actually get more. So I say "no" for these reasons.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamelToews View Post

I wouldn't. I'm not a big believer in hedman being that great in a points only pool, until he proves me wrong. And as mentioned, ryan has potential, but he hasn't really done much the past couple of years.

Galch looks to be a stud, so you should almost treat him like that. Trade him o ly if it helps you win the pool, or if someone overpays for him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ryan hasn't done much in a couple years?

He had one down season last year (along with the entire ducks team), but the years before that he showed steady progression in point totals from 57, 64, 71 to go with strong peripherals. Even last season, in the ducks down year, he still put up 30+ goals.

Seems to be a case of.. 'What have you done for me lately?'
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    No, I wouldn't, for a few reasons, none of which have to do with this trade at face value. Ryan has underwhelmed the past couple of seasons. People still value him greatly in fantasy circles, and it baffles me. I think he and OV are examples if underwhelming players with over-inflated value.
    Underwhelmed? According to what standard? Sounds like you drank the dobber koolaid on him big time and have soured on him? (i.e. he's not a ppg+ player already so he's a bust). He had a bad season last year but so did the whole team (consider Perry went from 98pts to 60!) but aside from that Ryan has shown steady improvement in his play and production. Not every player is going to follow the 4th year breakout model, its simply a guideline to gauge by so I would take that with a grain of salt. This year thusfar he is ppg pace which is encouraging. I think he'll eventually settle into that ppg or just shy of that (think Loui Eriksson) but also with great secondary stats like PIM, hits, etc.