Thread: Bailing on Voracek

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bailing on Voracek

MaxPac is coming off IR and Voracek seems to be the odd man out on my team. I've been trying to make a 2 for 1 trade but no takers. I have enough dual eligibility guys that positions are not a big deal.

Any objections?

13 team roto - G, A, Points, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLK and W, GAA, Saves, SO

3c, 3lw, 3rw, 4d, 2g - 48 games per position

Team:

C: Benn (LW), Turris, Hanzal
    LW: Neal (RW), Clowe (RW), Conacher (C)
    RW: Backes (C), Wheeler, Havlat
    D: Byf, Phaneuf, Ehrhoff, Carle
    G: Rask, Lindback
    B: Garon, Khubodin, Carter, Voracek

Dobber Sports Initiate

none from me. maxpac will prob outpoint voracek, and give you double the peripherals (hits, blks, pims) that voracek will.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm about to cut ties, too. He hasn't done squat, and at this point he's the odd man out whenever there's a log jam for RW on a given night.

I'm considering dropping him and stashing Visnovsky before someone else in my league inevitable adds him. When I drafted my team I thought my D was pretty solid, but Doughty and Fowler have been ghosts, so I don't think adding some potential points with Visnovsky would hurt.

Other options are adding Brunner, who I've been watching since the season started..I like his dual-eligibility, and as Dobber has been saying, he's in a very tough situation to be a bust.

As for your team, Voracek does seem most expendable. As the season goes on, though, I'm not sure you'd need to keep 4 goalies rostered. Obviously they're handcuffs for your starters and just an insurance policy, but I'd imagine if you let Garon/Khudobin go they'd likely be sitting in FA.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Expert

It pretty much comes down to dropping Havlat or Voracek. SJ is hot, but his 16-17 minutes / gm is about the same as Voracek and Voracek is averaging 5 minutes/gm of PP time and leads PHI in SOG [sadly he also leads the team with a -5].

SJ is playing like such a juggernaut it's hard to lose Havlat. I don't know...I like Pac over either of these 2.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    I'm about to cut ties, too. He hasn't done squat, and at this point he's the odd man out whenever there's a log jam for RW on a given night.

I'm considering dropping him and stashing Visnovsky before someone else in my league inevitable adds him. When I drafted my team I thought my D was pretty solid, but Doughty and Fowler have been ghosts, so I don't think adding some potential points with Visnovsky would hurt.

Other options are adding Brunner, who I've been watching since the season started..I like his dual-eligibility, and as Dobber has been saying, he's in a very tough situation to be a bust.

As for your team, Voracek does seem most expendable. As the season goes on, though, I'm not sure you'd need to keep 4 goalies rostered. Obviously they're handcuffs for your starters and just an insurance policy, but I'd imagine if you let Garon/Khudobin go they'd likely be sitting in FA.

Yeah, I'm considering grabbing Burns during the transfer and stashing him. Tough call on Brunner but if you need some D help Vis seems like a good choice.

I will likely let one of Garon/Khubodin go at some point, am waiting to see how things spread out with Saves (first year we had this cat).

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think I'm just about ready to cut bait on him too Chili. He got an assist tonight but overall just so disappointed with his production. I have a tendency to hang onto guys because I'm too proud to dump them if I've invested into them.

He's just pissing me off.

As for your question, yeah I'd dump his sorry behind. He and Havlat should be around on par IMO.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thumbs down

This thread hurts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Voracek probably read this thread...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by jamer View Post
    This thread hurts.
    I'm not really sure why you revived this thread.
    People don't need to be reminded about mistakes they may have made... we all make them.

If you are going to revive a thread - probably should be a better reason.
    My 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jamer View Post
    This thread hurts.
    Is easy for someone with 43 posts to come in here and claim pie on the face for another person's decision after the fact. I wonder what helpful information you have given there bud or what poor decisions you have made with your own squad. Lame.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Chill bros. it's not that serious...

I lol'd

Maybe because I was fortunate enough to re acquire him the night of his first 4 pt night but either way... It's good to be reminded of these mistakes. Maybe next yr ill trigger fingers won't b so itchy.

In a short season u hafta make moves like this. It sucks when it bites u in the ass but o well... Takes more than one booming forward to win a league

Dobber Sports Initiate

It is funny to look back on "bad" decisions - like when I bought Apple in the high 500's.

Seriously, though, Voracek isn't a certified stud. He's a highly skilled 60pt player whom we hoped would break out this year, given the opportunity playing with Giroux.

The advice given at the time was sound. Voracek sucked for the first 1/4 of the season. Would you wait it out for an underperforming breakout gamble? No. That's bad risk management, you cut and run.

I kept Voracek in 2 of my deeper teams because I could afford to, but in my shallower 2, I dropped him because he was weighing the team down.

If the post revival was a "you guys are dumb," that more reflects the intelligence of the poster than anything. If it was meant sarcastically, then it's funny - in a rueful kind of way.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yeah it is always easy afterwards.
    i also dropped voracek in the two leagues that i owned but i was lucky enough that nobody grabbed him and i cut get him back just when he caught fire. now i own him in 3 leauges and enjoy the ride. am i clever? no, just lucky.
    12-team H2H-League (One Year), daily line-up
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), FaceOff Wins (FOW) Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

C: Bergeron, Couture, Johansen
    LW: Zetterberg (C)
    RW: Mi. Granlund (C)
    W: Pacioretty, Kreider
    F: Pavelski, Stepan
    D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Provorov, Klefbomb
    G: Rask, Hellebuyck
    BN: Maroon, Foligno, Barrie
    IR: Krejci, Getzlaf

Dobber Sports Novice

Right there with you. Its the world of fantasy sports. Mistakes are made, no one is perfect or can predict whats going to happen with every player.

I actually traded Voracek away earlier in the season to an owner that thought I was being impatient. Well luck for me he was impatient as well. He dropped him and I swooped in to pick him back up at the perfect time. Now I'll ride his hot streak. That's what you call lucky.

Who knows maybe I can trade the same player twice in one season.
    10 Team H2H
    Positions
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G, 5BENCH, 2IR

Skating G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, FOW, HAT, HIT, BLK, DEF, PPP, SHP

Goaltending W, L, GA, SV, SO

C - Giroux, Bergeron, Pavelski, Spezza, E. Staal
    LW - Sharp, Benn, Foligno, Perron, C. Wilson
    RW - Voracek, Carter, Gaborik, Franzen
    D - Hedman, Shatenkrik, Boychuck, Faulk
    G - Rinne, Lehtonen, Hiller
    IR - Kane, Jenner