Thread: Granlund for Silfverberg and Brodin

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Granlund for Silfverberg and Brodin

I was offered Silf and Brodin for my Granlund in my Dynasty league and was wondering what should I do? My team is the one in the signature and I have Laich and Niskanen on the IR. Thanks for the help.
    CENTER: Aleksander Barkov - Mikael Granlund - Sean Monahan - Mark Scheifele - Elias Lindholm

LEFT WING: Tomas Hertl (C) - Matt Nieto - Jakob Silfverberg (RW) - Evgeny Kuznetsov (C)

RIGHT WING: Vladimir Tarasenko - Valeri Nichushkin - Nino Niederreiter - Nikita Kucherov - Charlie Coyle (C) - Cam Atkinson

DEFENSE: Tyson Barrie - Jonas Brodin - Olli Maatta - Hampus Lindholm - Morgan Rielly - Cody Ceci - Eric Gelinas

GOAL: Elliot - Harding - Lehner - Markstrom

FARM: Bennett - Campbell - Domi - Gaudreau - Grigorenko - Haula - Kapanen - Mzarek - Nylander - Pearson - Raanta - Wennberg - Zadorov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Even though that's a nice offer, I'd rather have Granlund. He'd be the best player in the deal and the GM who gets the best player is usually the GM who wins the deal.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah i'd keep Granlund also.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would keep the best player Granlund
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd make that deal. I am a big Granlund fan but Silfverberg will put up numbers at least close to Granlund's. Silfverberg is ridiculously good he just hasn't been able to showcase it yet but once he gets settled and comfortable in the NHL he is going to put up solid numbers. He was the MVP of the Swedish Elite during the regular season and playoffs while winning the championship with his team. Granlund may have more high end skill but Silfverberg is a very very solid hockey player. Plus you'd be getting the franchise defenceman for Minnesota who are going to be really good down the road and he'll be running their PP. I have heard comparisons to Lidstrom when it comes to how he plays with a very calm game and makes everyone around him better. He will be a stud.

I understand when people say that the GM who receives the best player wins the deal and that is probably Granlund in terms of him being considered the best prospect but don't let the hype fool you. He is playing awful to start the season and has been relegated to 4th line duties. Silfverberg however is playing top 6 minutes and gets better every game. Brodin is playing like a veteran and they are very very high on him. Do a bit of research on him and you'll see this kid's the future in Minnesota.

I would seriously consider this offer. Granlund is amazing no doubt about it but I'm telling you Silfverberg and Brodin are both going to be stars. Make the deal.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Stud

You don't have a dieing need for Brodin, so there's no point in downgrading from Granlund down to Silfverberg. It's not a bad offer, but I would definitely hang onto Granlund.