Thread: Luongo Vs Ward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Luongo Vs Ward

In a keeper league who would you want most?

I'm a Ward owner, he's obviously not had the best start to the season but he's always been pretty consistant and Carolina has a better team this year then in years past so surely the tide will turn and Ward will improve right?
    In the other hand Loungo has been playing great and it could be argued that he has taken that starters role back, IF he is traded he will surely be starter.

Stright swap, who's better, now and long term?

Dobber Sports Stud

I would go with Luongo both now as well as long term - I think he's a much better fantasy goalie.

If you look at pure statistics over the last 5 seasons, you'll see that Cam ward's best regular season best GAA is 2.44 - that is OK, but not stellar.

Luongo on the other hand, has a best GAA of 2.11, which I think is significantly better.

Looking over the stats year by year, Luongo tends to do better in general in just about every category.

Now luongo is 33, while ward is 28. For now, that difference doesn't mean much, because I think Lou will continue to play good hockey for years to come like a Brodeur.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby