Thread: Enroth's upside (REPGIVEN)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Enroth's upside (REPGIVEN)

I'm not sure what to think about this guy. A couple of years back he had a very solid season, but last year and in the one game this year, he's looked shaky.

Granted, he hasn't played many total games so inconsistency is a fact of life, but with so much talent in the mix and many young goalies on the horizon for Buffalo, I wonder what his future is like.

Will he be a starter one day or remain a backup/journeyman/washed up minor leaguer in 3 years? Anyone seen him play much?
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; February 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Genius

He's solid and won't get anywhere if he stays behind Miller too long. Right now he's the perfect example of a guy who needs to be able to get more consistent starts to show what he has and see if he can even convince himself he has the makings of a starter. I think he's got it, but he is fairly small. He would be a starter on another team. He doesn't get the highest of praise from people on here, but he's a guy I'd look to own in case a team like NJD needs him. I'm surprised NJ hasn't traded for a young backup to be completely honest. A guy like Enroth or Bernier could go there. Or Enroth would be helpful in TO.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Or Enroth would be helpful in TO.
    Nooo! Say it ain't so! Toronto is where goalie careers go to die!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I personally don't think Enroth has top starter's potential. The best he could do is likely be a platooner. He's small and relies very heavily on reflexes. My memory is that his rebound control was crappy too. For some reason, I always think of him being along the same lines of a Dwayne Roloson type.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Enroth is an excellent young goalie, but his ceiling isnt that high...

As you mentioned limited games means shaky preformances...

Buffalo is currently reluctant to move him as if Miller goes down they need a solid option and Enroth is that, also their current call up is Dave Leggio who is only mid level AHLer with no upside... They need to wait for Conner Knapp, Nathan Lieuwen or Andrey Markov to assert themselves in pro for a couple years before they can really move Enroth out...

Enroth to me could be a starter but a mid to lower level one... Dwayne Roloson was a fair career comparison... But keep in mind Rolo had some extreamly solid years and was very marketable, I dont feel Enroth will get to that level...

For those woundering on the other prospects:

Lieuwen - seems the most stable and I see resembalances to Ryan Miller in his play and Workhorse abilities... he will likely take the long road not hitting the NHL for 3-4 more years, he could turn into a solid NHL starter or a reliable backup. Had a rough start to pro in the ECHL but has played very well the past 2 months.

Markov - has the highest ceiling as he could turn into an Elite-must own starter and may see the NHL the quickest, but I feel he is going to show many ups and downs and lots of developmental questions... I see his as a starter or Russia bound eventually...

Knapp - currently working with Leggio in the AHL as the backup, had an excellent NCAA career but is struggleing to relate it to Pro yet, but he will... He is the more polished of the goalies in the system and is of great size, be he seems like he will be in the AHL a while... His ceiling is unknown as of yet as he may fall into a career AHLer but he has very good upside...

Linus Ullmark is also in the system in Europe where I wouldnt be surprised if he stays for a few more years.... He is playing with the men of the Swedish Elite Lg, but he needs much work...
    Last edited by Jason_Banks; February 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Lots of things to think about, thanks for the input everyone (I gave rep). Any other thoughts would be welcome.

Dobber Sports Veteran

So, I was listening to the Sabes/Sens game this evening through Buffalo's sports radio station. During the 1st period intermission, the station "analysts" were railing on and on about how lousy Enroth is. I think it's all pretty extreme, but it struck me as funny and indicative of the despair being felt among the Sabre faithful right now. Some of my faves during the rant (not direct quotes, but pretty close):

1) It's time to bring in a back up goalie who can play. This guy can't play. He just can't play.

2) Hopefully this will make the fan base pipe down who, after this guy had 9 good games in the NHL, were claiming that we've found the next Hasek and Miller should be traded.

3) You know, next time we find a backup goalie who has 9 good games, let's wait until he has, like 18, before we put him in the Hall of Fame.

4) Trade him?!?!? You can put him on waivers and just send him down. Nobody will pick him up.

Like I said, I think it's a bit extreme. But the natives are getting restless in Buffalo (even those being paid to be "professional" commentators), and it made me think of this post.

Cheers.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the update! (I added rep).

I'm trying to trade him so I just hope no one in my league watches buffalo games......or looks at Enroth's stats this season....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Buffalo's D has also been crappy thus far. Myers, Leopold etc look lost and as a result, guys like Weber and Brennan are getting shuffled in and out to try and find a combo that works. So long story short, no, Enroth does not have great upside but I don't know if any G would really look good in Buffalo now.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne