Thread: Trade on the table....Should I accept?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade on the table....Should I accept?

League in sig:

I give:

Datsyuk
    Granlund
    Kulikov

I get:

Backstrom (WAS)
    Purcell
    Ellis

what you guys think?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Expert

Are you looking to win your pool now or later? I haven't crunched the salary #s, what is the price point of each package?

I think Backstrom is more valuable than Datsyuk in a keeper league based strictly on the fact he's a comparable PPG player and roughly 10 years younger. Datsyuk may outpoint him this year though.

Purcell at 27 is in the prime of his career and certainly will gain you more points than the younger Granlund. I love Granlund's upside, but Purcell is in a situation where it's not unthinkable he posts 65+ points regularly and it may be several seasons before Granlund even gets to that point.

I prefer Kulikov to Ellis [I hate the way NAS is run and coached], but Ellis is still a talented kid.

BOTTOM LINE...I think this improves your F this season and likely long-term as Backstrom is really the center-piece of this deal. I think this may push you to trade from your deep F core to compensate at D though [time will tell].

I'd probably do this.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Take the trade, I think it's better for you now and in the future. Backstrom to me is the best player in the deal, and is younger than Datsyuk and should be around for a great deal longer. Purcell is better than Granlund now, and while Granlund obviously has the potential to be better, all it is right now is potential, Purcell will contribute now and will do so moving forward. I like Kulikov better than Ellis, but not by a great amount, and Ellis definitely has the potential to be a better fantasy contributer than Kulikov does, so it's not even an outright loss.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for the reps guys!

Ended up doing it! Pretty happy with Backstrom's night and Purcell continues to produce!!!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).