Thread: Collusion? Please help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Collusion? Please help

I normally don't post anything like this, but feel the need to. A manager was kicked out of the league, not getting into all the drama and was replaced by another manager. New manager in turn traded off his top two assets to the commish within a couple hours of the manager switch. Tell me what you think.

Yakupov, Schultz, Gudbranson...for Lucic, Diaz, Garrison and a third next year. We keep 12 every year and have a five person farm for players who have played >100 games and 50 games as a goalie.

The team that traded Yak n Schultz is in total rebuild mode and can't win for many years. Keeping my opinions aside, should this trade be veto'd?
    If you don't have enemies, you don't have character!
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

C - E. Staal, J. Huberdeau, R. Fabbri, C. Smith, A. Lee, E. Kuznetsov
    LW - D. Sedin, G. Nyquist, L. Couture, Panarin, R. Spooner,
    RW - J. Pavelski, M. Hossa, Jagr, C. Perry, D. Brown, T. Hertl
    D - D. Phaneuf, N. Kronwell, D. Keith, D. Savard, Alzner
    G - Loungo, Anderson, Howard, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I forgot to add, the Lucic side added a 3rd round pick to this trade. The guy getting the young guns is in win now mode and should be top 3 at the end of the season, just to give you an idea where that pick is at.
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

Dobber Sports Initiate

It would help to know if this is a multi.cat league with hits and pims, because Lucic is a beast in those formats. If this is a straight points only league, I would probably just walk away.

Dobber Sports All-Star

You need to confront the commish about this and ask him WTF? If the new manager is just really dumb or inexperienced, then it's one thing and the commish is taking advantage of the poor bastard. However you should talk to both sides to see their reason for the trade before any veto is raised.
    Last edited by gainerama; February 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Marwin, yes it is a multi-cat league. That makes up for the fact that the team is in total rebuild mode and years away from being at the top?
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by valient_dude View Post
    Marwin, yes it is a multi-cat league. That makes up for the fact that the team is in total rebuild mode and years away from being at the top?
    Well maybe not, but it puts some more value in the Lucic side. Its always hard to know what another manager thinks of his team and what should be done with it. When we have a new gm in the keeper league Im in, we always tell them to take it slow and get a feel for the team that they received. This also makes the new gm look more serious.

If you know the comish just talk to him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think you can use age as an argument. Lucic is 24 and Garrison and Diaz 28 and 27. Not as young as the players given up, but in 5 years they'll still only be 29, 33 and 32.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh i'm talking to him. He doesn't care. He thinks he is being fair. It just looks fishy as all hell, as this is the exact same trade that the old manager veto'd hours before the new manager came in and accepted it. I only know that because of all the non-sense emails I have gotten this afternoon reguarding the manager being kicked out and this new guy coming in. Argh......
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

Oh i'm talking to him. He doesn't care. He thinks he is being fair. It just looks fishy as all hell, as this is the exact same trade that the old manager veto'd hours before the new manager came in and accepted it. I only know that because of all the non-sense emails I have gotten this afternoon reguarding the manager being kicked out and this new guy coming in. Argh......
    I can see why this situation would be hard to swallow. Why was the other manager kicked out? Was it a league decision or a commish call?

Not that it really matters in the end - unless there is a plan for the commish to split prize dough with the new owner, a bad trade does not mean collusion.

EDIT: it would help to see the rest of their rosters too. If the team acquiring Lucic is in need of truculence, and the team losing Lucic has grit players in spades, then the trade begins to make more sense. As much as Yaks and Schultz seem like sure things, they may not be. But Lucic is a proven talent and you know exactly what you're going to get.
    Last edited by jsuites; February 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Banned

that sounds fishy as hell man...how well do you know this joker? (the Commish)? And who is this new GM? Where did he come from etc? Its pretty odd that the new guy comes in and jumps at a bad trade that favors the Comish a few hours after joining the league, that would set all my bullshit alarms off

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ok I see, I would probably just leave this league. Sounds like a real immature commish.

I would have a league wide vote on it see what people say.. IMO the trade is not EVEN CLOSE AT ALL!! lol what a horrible trade! and the guy is rebuilding? without yakupov n shultz? lmao BRUTAL
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Star

Sounds to me like your Commissioner is playing a game of "fleece the new guy". For the record, I LOVE that game!

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sounds to me like your Commissioner is playing a game of "fleece the new guy". For the record, I LOVE that game!

Lol do you also kick gms that veto your trades