Thread: Viktor Fasth Starting Again Tonight...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Viktor Fasth Starting Again Tonight...

He's gradually eating into the playing time of Jonas Hiller... Will he turn this into a platoon situation or possibly take over the job outright? I think it's a little early but if he plays well for a bit, they could end up splitting starts... Thoughts?
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

The Wolverine

It's the first game of a back-to-back so I figure he'd get one start regardless.

Dobber Sports Veteran

His second start in three games though. If he plays well and then Hiller plays poorly, I'm betting he'll get to play the game after as well.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    His second start in three games though. If he plays well and then Hiller plays poorly, I'm betting he'll get to play the game after as well.
    Quite possible. Maybe the b2b schedule was already decided regardless. Should be interesting to see after tonight and in the coming days.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not looking too much into it. Ducks play again tomorrow and Hiller will be between the pipes for it. Hiller is definitely the starter, and I still expect him to get a ton of games.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    I'm not looking too much into it. Ducks play again tomorrow and Hiller will be between the pipes for it. Hiller is definitely the starter, and I still expect him to get a ton of games.
    I'm not so sure how I feel about that statement. On the surface, you seem to be correct but the prior year, they signed Tarkki (another good Scandinavian goalie). That doesn't indicate faith in Hiller to me. Plus Hiller missed some crucial games down the stretch last year.