Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: One start today or Sunday

  1. #1
    letnry's Avatar
    letnry is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    33

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default One start today or Sunday

    Due to limited call ups, I have to choose just one of these goalie starts. Given stats of W, GAA, SVS, SV%, SHO, which single start would you be most comfortable with?

    Lindback vsWPG (today)
    Hedberg @NYI (sunday)
    Neuvirth/Holtby vsPIT (sunday)

  2. #2
    gainerama's Avatar
    gainerama is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,546
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports All-Star

    Default

    I'd take my chances with Lindback against WPG. The Jets are coming off a back to back yesterday and fatigue might hurt them here. They might be playing against the WPG back up as well so it doesn't get better than that.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

    Forwards: Duchene, Hertl, Kessel, Thornton, Monahan, Boedker, D.Sedin, Kucherov, Panarin , J.Neal, T.Johnson, Comeau
    Defense: Vatanen, Rielly, K.Russell, A.Larsson, Klingberg, Faulk
    Goalie: Rask, Crawford
    Reserves: Gryba, Holden, PA Parenteau, Reaves, Stalock, Lack, M.Jones
    Prospects: M.Subban, Hellebuyck, Gillies, Fiala, Dvorak, Hudon, Rantanen, K.Connor, Marner, D.Strome
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 Champion

  3. #3
    khiyasu's Avatar
    khiyasu is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    14

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I'd take my chances with Lindback against WPG. The Jets are coming off a back to back yesterday and fatigue might hurt them here. They might be playing against the WPG back up as well so it doesn't get better than that.
    I agree. Tampa offence is the most equipped to bail Lindback out (if he has a bad game).
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

    C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

  4. #4
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,119
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Due to limited call ups, I have to choose just one of these goalie starts. Given stats of W, GAA, SVS, SV%, SHO, which single start would you be most comfortable with?

    Lindback vsWPG (today)
    Hedberg @NYI (sunday)
    Neuvirth/Holtby vsPIT (sunday)
    do you know for sure Hedberg is getting the start? he played really well against the Bruins and the Devils have a solid D. Lindback is a fine option too and probably the more certain to start if you are uncertain on starts

  5. #5
    blayze's Avatar
    blayze is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,287
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Samurai

    Default

    Lindback for me.

  6. #6
    letnry's Avatar
    letnry is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    33

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    do you know for sure Hedberg is getting the start? he played really well against the Bruins and the Devils have a solid D. Lindback is a fine option too and probably the more certain to start if you are uncertain on starts
    Based on this:

    https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...32733049819136
    Devils' goalie plan for weekend: Brodeur at Pittsburgh Saturday, Hedberg at Isles Sunday.

  7. #7
    Essej's Avatar
    Essej is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    I would start Lindback against the Jets.

  8. #8
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,119
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    I'd start him without hesitation then, even over Lindback.

    Hedberg is one of the better backups in the league, he played very well on Jersey last season (17-7-2, 2.23 GAA, .918 S%, 4 SO). There's no reason to suspect he won't continue that trend this season. He was also stellar against NYI last year (3-0-0, 0.67 GAA, .970 S%, 1SO).

  9. #9
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,119
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    so who'd ya pick? they both won but did you take Hedberg for the SO?

  10. #10
    letnry's Avatar
    letnry is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    33

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default

    Went with Lindback actually, happy with the win, but that shutout would have been nice.

  11. #11
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,119
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Went with Lindback actually, happy with the win, but that shutout would have been nice.
    awww too bad...but a win is a win and he played well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •