Thread: Price & Subbans "Triple-low-fives"......

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Price & Subbans "Triple-low-fives"......

are now banned.....

Therrien is really pushing this whole "team celebration" thing which I agree is a smart approach, but I don't think it needs to come at the expense of something innocent and fun that I know so many fans enjoyed watching.

All I hope is that Subban helps the Habs win more games and he continues to be a fantasy monster.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

These two are not going to get along very well....I'm going to miss those low-fives. Not happy at all with this decision.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    These two are not going to get along very well....I'm going to miss those low-fives. Not happy at all with this decision.
    Yeah, I think the worst part of it so far was when Therrien came out and said "I want to make PK a better person"....wtf.? I don't think he really knows him well enough to make a statement like that.

Keepers

Administrator

They are going too far with the Subban punishment. The contract is signed and they should just move on.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    They are going too far with the Subban punishment. The contract is signed and they should just move on.
    Agreed.
    If they "punish him" by giving him low minutes, not much PP time, or even not dressing him for Saturdays game, than it is Therrien who is not caring about the team. If you want the "team" to win, you should play Subban and play him a lot. He is simply much more talented than all the D on that roster (save for Markov). Simply put - Subban makes this team even better.

Keepers

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Agreed.
    If they "punish him" by giving him low minutes, not much PP time, or even not dressing him for Saturdays game, than it is Therrien who is not caring about the team. If you want the "team" to win, you should play Subban and play him a lot. He is simply much more talented than all the D on that roster (save for Markov). Simply put - Subban makes this team even better.
    I don't think it's a bad thing to give Subban lower minutes at first. But the extra stuff like not letting him meet his teammates till after the last game and banning some celebrations looks more like management/coaching ego to me. They made their point when they signed him to a short contract.

Dobber Sports Star

Every one loves that triple low five.
    That center ice team celebration is fine and all, but it's nowhere near as good as the Price/Subban cely.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't think it's a bad thing to give Subban lower minutes at first. But the extra stuff like not letting him meet his teammates till after the last game and banning some celebrations looks more like management/coaching ego to me. They made their point when they signed him to a short contract.
    Low minutes at first for the sake of easing him back into it is fine, but I get the feeling that the low minutes will be given for the wrong reasons.

I never heard about making him wait until after the game to see his team. Therrien rules with an Iron fist. As long as they win games, all can be forgiven.

Keepers

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't think banning something like this warranted. Although I do think it's obnoxious... take your win like an unsung hero. When you crack 70 points like Karlsson, then feel free to three hand slap, kiss, or whatever you see fit.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    I don't think banning something like this warranted. Although I do think it's obnoxious... take your win like an unsung hero. When you crack 70 points like Karlsson, then feel free to three hand slap, kiss, or whatever you see fit.
    So until I score 70 points in the NHL from the blueline, I'm not allowed to triple low-five my friends? Seems a little stuffy and harsh, but damn guess I better shape up.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Master

Hey this is simply a case of a coach telling a cocky, but talented, player who is boss. Sure he may be marketable and arguably one of your teams best players but as a coach it is your right to jerk them around until they fall in line.

I don't see any downside to this. It isn't like any team has ever had a star player demand a trade just because the coach was being a dick and jerking him around... it certainly hasn't happened in Montreal, right?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just hope Theiren doesn't ban side burns like Steinbrenner or Mr. Burns ... Poor Mattingly!

Really going to miss those triple low fives tho!

Administrator

By next week Subban won't be allowed to smile or lift his stick higher than his waist on slap shots.

Dobber Sports Sage

Seems like a good way to force a kid to make a trade demand... ridiculous.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Wizard

In an interview on TSN, Subban said Therrien is just trying to prepare him for life:

TSN: So PK, we heard the training staff just ordered more exercise bikes.

PK: Yeah, Coach wants me to ride them after the game during post-game interviews, and work on my "Wade Redden Monotone". Now that Wade's back in the bigs, I hope I can catch a few clips of him again, to help me perfect my interviews. I've always looked up to Wade and admire his ability to show absolutely no emotion.

TSN: Uh, that's great............so we heard you recently got engaged, congratulations!

PK: Yeah, thanks. You know my fiance and I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. We're just gonna take life one day at a time, maybe we'll have a couple of kids so it feels like 'our backs are against the wall'. We know that life is taking it one shift, one period, one game at a time.

TSN: Great, so what are the wedding plans.

PK: Well, we're thinking of having a closed ceremony and a small reception with some family and a few friends. The last thing we want to do is get carried away celebrating our wedding in front of too many people. You know, marriage is a process, it takes a lot of training and preparation, and we don't want to make one or two individuals bigger than the marriage.........

TSN: Okay then, so, are there any specific ideas for the wedding.

PK: Well not really, but you know when the Minister says "You may kiss the bride"........yeah well I'm not going to do that. There is an "I" in kiss, but there is no "I" in team. And like coach says, if I'm gonna give one of my team-mates a 'low five', then I may as well just kiss them after the game. It's awkward. I don't know if that makes sense, but you know, we just want our wedding to be a low key, non-alcoholic occasion. It'll be a quick ceremony with a brief meal, and then we'll just get back to the day to day grind. Like coach says, "break a smile, skate a mile".

TSN: Well thanks for your time PK, and good luck in your game against the Bruins tonight, and with the wedding.

PK: No problem. My brother got called up and is in goal tonight. I was going to greet him before the game on the ice, joke around a bit and give him a hard time. But with all of this recent emotional training I realize now that I can just stare at him 'vulcan style' and accomplish the same thing. Coach wants me to be an emotional ninja.

TSN: That's great PK...........sounds like you're trying to be a new man.

PK: No comment....anyways, I'm just gonna walk backwards now and awkwardly stare at you. Enjoy the game...........or maybe don't enjoy it....coach would get mad if anyone enjoys it......I'm so confused....