Thread: Anderson for Fleury Trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Anderson for Fleury Trade

I'm re-building and got offered Fleury for my Anderson. Which goalie is better for the future? W, SV%, GAA, SO
    12 team dynasty

C: Ribiero, Oshie, Gomez, Fisher
    LW: Ovie, Hall, Morrow, Lucic, J. Jokinen, Poni
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Langenbrunner, Downie
    D: Streit, Rafalski, A. Greene, Foster, Zidlicky, Suter, Wisniewski
    G: Bryz and Rinne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. Can you get Vokoun? A PIT platoon is very nice to have in leagues this year.
    2. Yes - make the trade. Anderson is playing out-of-his-world and I really don't understand it. Ottawa should not be this good. With Spezza out, I think they'll crumble.

Fleury is still young.
    He's getting a breather this year with Vokoun, but Vokoun won't be there forever.
    PIT is just a strong-strong team and really they need to improve their defense, and they'll do this in future summers... which will improve Fleury's value.

Dobber Sports Icon

Just prior to the season starting I moved Anderson in a deal for Fleury. It was actually a much bigger deal that sent Stamkos away for me. But I was confident enough that the goaltending upgrade was good enough to help make it worth it.

While it has been hard to watch the recent play of the two goalies, I'm still confident that in the end Fleury is a much better goalie than Anderson and the stats will work out to show that.

Like Pengwin said, landing Vokoun with Fleury could help a lot for this year. But even if you already consider this year a write-off, FLeury will be the much better goalie going forward.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".