Thread: My Toews/Clowe for his Kovy/Getzlaf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default My Toews/Clowe for his Kovy/Getzlaf

Is this a fair trade to propose? Obviously I want Kovy, but is Getzlaf too much to ask for in addition? Or should I nix the whole thing and stop tweaking my lineup?

Dobber Sports Ninja

No chance in my eyes this kind of deal would fly. I think you'd be looking more at a Toews/Benn for Kovalchuk/Getzlaf type offer.

Clowe is a HUGE drop off from either of the two players you want.

Could give it a shot if you want though. If you offered it to me I'd be extremely insulted.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ok, I hear ya. Benn or Eriksson though? Which one would be more of a loss for me?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Benn would obviously be the bigger hit to your team but I doubt you get a deal done with Eriksson either. keep in mind you're trying to get two players with great upsides who are both doing well so far this year. I don't see how you can imagine that you could get them for anything less than star calibre players.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Surprisingly enough the guy accepted the offer of Toews and Eriksson for Kovalchuk and Getzlaf. So I got Kovy, I get to put Getzlaf with Perry, and I got to keep Benn, plus I've got Hartnell waiting in the wings when he returns. I'm feeling great about my team this year, now hopefully the trade goes through!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryAboutMyCap View Post
    Surprisingly enough the guy accepted the offer of Toews and Eriksson for Kovalchuk and Getzlaf. So I got Kovy, I get to put Getzlaf with Perry, and I got to keep Benn, plus I've got Hartnell waiting in the wings when he returns. I'm feeling great about my team this year, now hopefully the trade goes through!
    Wow, yeesh. Congratulations on pulling off a heist of a deal. I think you definitely committed some grand larceny here.