Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pens PP WTF?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This could be coincidence but last season was the first since they canned Therrien and brought in Bylsma that the Penguins had a good PP. Before last season (5th in the league) they had seasons of 19th, 20th and 25th. What was different about last season? Maybe Crosby messes things up somehow but like I said, could be coincidence.
    Might have something to do with Gonchar as well although he hasn't had much of an impact in Ottawa as he did in Pittsburgh (please correct me if I'm wrong Big EV). With him manning the point on the PP in Pittsburgh I always felt comfortable with his distribution with the puck and for some reason with Letang I don't have that same comfort. Putting Malkin back on the point should help moving forward as I feel having him on the sideboards was a huge mistake.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    In 09-10 season Crosby had 5 points in the first 7 games of the season. He finished the season with 109 points. Just saying.
    LOL fair enough!

I should have noted that I own Crosby in a league, and while I'd like to see more production, I'm definitely not worried or disappointed by the PPG pace at this point.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    They did use Malkin on the point instead of Neal. When they actually got control in the NYR zone, Malkin ran the pp from the point while Crosby and Letang played the half boards. This to me is the best option for them. Now they just need to work on their entry to the offensive zone and forcing the puck to the net. While their pp wasn't great it was the best I've seen from them this season.
    Yep, not the best but an improvement. I've always liked the idea of having Malkin QBing the PP.
    Last edited by letangerang58; February 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lol, Pitt's PP is ranked 13th in the league at 21.4%. That's not that bad.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis