Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luo to make 3rd start in a Row

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Luo to make 3rd start in a Row

What to make of it?

Gillis trying hard to showcase to driveup price?

Gillis may be willing to trade Schneider instead?

Gillis & Nucks just going with hothand?

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Wizard

going with the hot hand i think

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

a little bit of each probably

Administrator

The team is giving itself the best chance to win.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The team is giving itself the best chance to win.
    kinda refreshing after watching several days of coaches throwing backups to the wolves

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Initiate

Luongo loses to LA prior to last game against Avs. If we are going with the "hot hand" then Schneider should have gotten the start. I feel Luongo was given the start because the Avs are the worst offensive team in the NHL at the moment and what better way to showcase Luongo then start him against a team that can't score. Meanwhile Schneider gets the start against the Sharks who are scoring from absolutely everywhere. Can't wait till tomorrow night when Luongo faces a offensive powerhouse.. goodluck! I smell a 4 point night for Kaner...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    I feel Luongo was given the start because the Avs are the worst offensive team in the NHL at the moment and what better way to showcase Luongo then start him against a team that can't score. Meanwhile Schneider gets the start against the Sharks who are scoring from absolutely everywhere. Can't wait till tomorrow night when Luongo faces a offensive powerhouse....
    I am pretty sure that every GM could figure that out too.....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Monster

I think Vancouver is just trying to match up and win games right now. I'm not convinced they are trying to " showcase" or " setup" trades at the moment regardless of what may be said, etc etc. It's about winning games right now and IMO that is their only focus at the moment.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I think Vancouver is just trying to match up and win games right now. I'm not convinced they are trying to " showcase" or " setup" trades at the moment regardless of what may be said, etc etc. It's about winning games right now and IMO that is their only focus at the moment.
    absolutely

after all if you were showcasing him you leave it at 2 real solid games you dont run the risk of him throwing out a stinker

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Initiate

Schneider played 2 bad games. First one was the opener and obviously there is a lot of pressure on him, nonetheless he got rocked. Then he bounces back with 2 solid games with a shutout and lays an egg against the Sharks which was full of intensity and special teams having almost 100 PIMs. What I'm trying to say is Schneider is not geting a fair shake and in the end this back and forth crap will not benefit them come playoffs. If you want Schneider to be your #1, stick to him and don't hand the reigns over to Luongo because he shuts the Avs out. I frankly don't care but I'm tired of people saying Luongo is playing better and blah blah because of the numbers. There is much more behind the numbers and although Luongo is playing slightly better, the risk-reward is not worth it. I say they keep using Luongo against crappy teams and build his value and UTILIZE Schneider as the #1 because all they are doing right now is damaging Schneider mentally in my opinion. What are they going to do come playoffs if Schneider has a bad game or two and Luongo isn't there? He has to be treated like #1 and learn to roll with the punches.
    Last edited by L2TG; January 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM.

Dobber Sports Master

Schneider played 2 bad games. First one was the opener and obviously there is a lot of pressure on him, nonetheless he got rocked. Then he bounces back with 2 solid games with a shutout and lays an egg against the Sharks which was full of intensity and special teams having almost 100 PIMs. What I'm trying to say is Schneider is not geting a fair shake and in the end this back and forth crap will not benefit them come playoffs. If you want Schneider to be your #1, stick to him and don't hand the reigns over to Luongo because he shuts the Avs out. I frankly don't care but I'm tired of people saying Luongo is playing better and blah blah because of the numbers. There is much more behind the numbers and although Luongo is playing slightly better, the risk-reward is not worth it. I say they keep using Luongo against crappy teams and build his value and UTILIZE Schneider as the #1 because all they are doing right now is damaging Schneider mentally in my opinion. What are they going to do come playoffs if Schneider has a bad game or two and Luongo isn't there? He has to be treated like #1 and learn to roll with the punches.
    Yeah... have you ever seen interviews with Schneider? I don't know that missing a game is going to wreck him mentally.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

The Great One

Luongo loses to LA prior to last game against Avs. If we are going with the "hot hand" then Schneider should have gotten the start. I feel Luongo was given the start because the Avs are the worst offensive team in the NHL at the moment and what better way to showcase Luongo then start him against a team that can't score. Meanwhile Schneider gets the start against the Sharks who are scoring from absolutely everywhere. Can't wait till tomorrow night when Luongo faces a offensive powerhouse.. goodluck! I smell a 4 point night for Kaner...

Why Luongo started against Colorado........

@GoaliePost: Luongo was 4-0-0 vs. #Avs last season and only allowed five goals. He stopped 124-of-129 shots. He has a .909 lifetime

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just because he lost doesn't mean he didn't play good, in fact it was just the opposite, I watched the game and he was a huge reason it went to a SO. Allowing 2 goals on 28 shots is better than solid.

The Nucks are playing the hot hand IMO. I'm sure part of it is an attempt to raise his trade value but I highly doubt any decent NHL GM would make a trade for a guy with that type of contract based on a few games. In fact I think Luongo has raised his trade value more just by the way he's handled the whole "controversy" not being a distraction to his teammates and basically just handling the situation like a true professional. I've gained a lot of respect for Luongo this season, through all the grief and pressure he's had to put up with in Vancouver now the whole trade situation he still manages to stay focused and do his job as well as he does not many people could do that.

Dobber Sports Pro

exactly,

Lou was they reason they got a point out of the LA game. AV sees that Lou is hot so he is going with the hot hand.

Pretty sure they don't need to showcase Lou.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Wizard

So awkward, not a Canucks fan at all, but found myself cheering for them last night against the Blackhawks. Mainly because of Luongo, and how he's played well this year despite the circus around him.

Trade him to the Oilers, we'll take him.........