Thread: Who to start: Elliot vs. CBJ or Quick vs. NSH?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to start: Elliot vs. CBJ or Quick vs. NSH?

Both appealing matchups since Columbus and Nashville are both kinda sucking, especially for scoring.

Elliot is confirmed to start and Quick is not *yet* but I've been finding that LA tends to never confirm starters. I also wonder if they'd consider saving Quick for Anaheim on Saturday.

Quick has also been near a shutout a couple times but I feel LAs defense keeps leeting him down (Edmonton game) whereas STL defense has been stellar so win or even SO could be a possibility for Elliot based on that alone.

League pts are: Start-Win-Shots against and shutout as well as -pts for loss.

Thoughts?

ex

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd roll with Elliot, but as you say, they're both favorable match-ups. NAS is bound to get out of their funk eventually; they're too well coached not to, so that's why I go for Elliot. St. Louis isn't nearly as solid on the road, though, so that's something to think about. Still, Elliot for me.

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like Elliott as well. Will be a tight game for sure.

Dobber Sports Genius

Elliot no brainer there playing IMO the weakest team in the league and Elliot will be motivated to pull his socks up after a slow start to the season.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Elliott for sure!
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

Likely keepers in BOLD

C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys
    That's was my incling for sure.
    I've got a blind devotion for Quick since he was my first round pick but logic points towards Elliot to be sure.
    Kicked is that STL is playing back-to-back games Thurs-Fri and LA is not. But Elliot gets the start tonight instead of against Detroit (which of course makes sense based on records and threat of scoring)
    New to fantasy draft so living and dying on these goalies choices.
    Grabbed Tasarenko with my last round pick but dropped him a week before the season started for Zajak (missed due to low ranking) since noone else new who Tasarenko was..figured I could quietly scoop him back up..suffice as to say someone else saw the box score of Game 1 before me and I missed out on a BIG sleeper
    Need my goalies to make up for the lost ground.
    Appreciate the tips and affirmation.

ex