Thread: Studs & Duds - Wednesday 1/30

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Studs & Duds - Wednesday 1/30

Dud

1. Bondon - For leaving one of his grad school applications to the last minute and forgetting to do Studs and Duds after he finished it.

Sorry fellas. Had an appointment to go to so im on my Phone now but I'll post one up in a couple of hours. May not get many of you guys reading it but I will do it anyway for those of you that do.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Stud:

1. Bondon - Benched Varlamov. Also finished more important things in life over fantasy hockey ... well maybe I will just give you a pass on that one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Without further ado....

Studs

1. Domo Arigato, Mr. Roberto

Roberto Luongo owners have been on a huge rollercoaster ride through the past year or so, and it's nice to see him pay off for those who stuck with him. Luongo played a very solid game against the Avalanche stopping all 24 shots the Avs threw at him. Luongo improved to 1-0-2 with an amazing .938 save percentage and 1.61 GAA.

2. Putting the Nail in the coffin

The young phenom has already made quite a name for himself with some timely scoring. In his third game after his last-second heroics against the Kings, Yakupov struck again, batting the game winning goal out of midair in overtime to defeat the Coyotes. Of his four goals this year, three of them have been in the final moments of the hockey game.

3. Backbone of the Wild.

After Josh Harding's early departure from their game against the Blackhawks, Niklas Backstrom stepped in and performed admirably, giving his team the chance to fight back in the game. Not only did he stop all 28 shots that he faced, but he also held on in the shootout, a part of his game where he has typically struggled. Backstrom improved to 3-1-1 with a .910 save percentage and 2.40 GAA.

Duds

1. Hard times for Josh Harding

I feel bad tossing him in this category given what he's been battling through, but this is fantasy hockey, and fantasy hockey is a cold hearted bitch. It was a rough night for Harding as he allowed two goals on four shots and was given the hook less than seven minutes into the game. Anyone who saw him break his stick down the tunnel can easily see how frustrated he was.

2. Paul Stink-like-ass-tny

In six games this season, Paul Stastny has managed to score one measly assist. I have been one of the larger Stastny skeptics and even I couldn't have imagined him being this horrible to start the year. Not to mention he is a minus-four and hasn't done much on the peripheral front this year either. With Ryan O'Reilly out of the lineup, I wondered if Stastny would pick up some of the slack. Nope.

3. David Deshar-not

Seriously man? Two points in six games? Seems like Desharnais and Cole are really missing their linemate in Max Pac. Not to mention that Desharnais' peripherals are so garbage that in many cases he's a borderline own (three shots in six games, though oddly enough six penalty minutes which is abnormally high). Desharnais also finished tied for the team worst rating of minus-two.

Quick Hits

- Raphael Diaz recorded another assist on the powerplay last night, giving him eight points and six powerplay points in only six games. This will likely come to an end upon the return of PK Subban, but for now owners will enjoy this little surge of offense.

- Mika Zibanejad has now recorded two points in his first two games this year for the Senators after scoring a goal on the powerplay last night. With Jason Spezza out long-term, one has to assume that Zibanejad will begin to see a larger role.

- Devan Dubnyk allowed only one goal for the second consecutive game, and has been relatively solid this year other than two bad stinkers. Dubnyk's averages sit at 2.75 and .916% along with a 4-2 record, which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

- Taylor Hall extended his point streak to six games with his last minute assist on Yakupov's game winner.

- Peter Budaj sucked.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well played Bondon, better late than never right? Time to start limbering up my sense of humor for my next go at this.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Love the Styx reference about Luongo.

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Stin-like-ass-tny

lmao....awesome!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Stin-like-ass-tny

lmao....awesome!
    Great minds think alike, that was easily my favourite part too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

How dare you put your "real life" responsibilities over studs and duds.... you do realize people make season-altering decisions based on this nightly piece right!?!?

Selfish bastard.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just had to call out Paul Stastny...in the week where I'm facing off with his owner. Obviously.