Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Let off some steam!" thread

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I couldn't let a bitch-thread go by without taking a shot at NBC Sports for insisting on foisting Doc Emrick upon an unsuspecting populace.

But, I guess if you wanted to hear an NHL game called like the Kentucky Derby, he's your man.
    I think Doc is great. Better than anyone on HNIC except maybe Hughson. The others put me to sleep. Doc makes the game so much more exciting.

Also, isn't it time to put John Torterella down? I am getting tired of his antics especially with the media. I don't mind the antics as much if they're playing good, but they are not playing well John, so stop blaming everyone except yourself. You have a lot of underachievers on your team, and that can only be your fault.

Get rid of him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think Doc is great. Better than anyone on HNIC except maybe Hughson. The others put me to sleep. Doc makes the game so much more exciting.

Also, isn't it time to put John Torterella down? I am getting tired of his antics especially with the media. I don't mind the antics as much if they're playing good, but they are not playing well John, so stop blaming everyone except yourself. You have a lot of underachievers on your team, and that can only be your fault.

Get rid of him.
    100% agree. This guy imo is a disgrace to coaching right now. He has one speed and that it to be as much of a bitch as he possibly can.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    100% agree. This guy imo is a disgrace to coaching right now. He has one speed and that it to be as much of a bitch as he possibly can.
    Agreed. His schtick is old and the shine has worn off that penny.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Eff you capitals!
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Eff you capitals!
    lol well said Smokie.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm never burning high picks on goalies ever again.

****ing useless plugs.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm never burning high picks on goalies ever again.

****ing useless plugs.

Goalies are only as good as the team they play for, unless you're Lundqvist. Just ask any Philly goalie from the past 30 years?

Some example this year;

-Schneider
    -Fleury
    -Halak
    -Miller
    -Smith
    -Quick
    -Elliot
    -Kiprusoff-just to name a couple.

I never overpay for a goalie unless its the middle of the year, and they are having a great year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quick gets the B2B start. Lays a turd in the second game, yet is still the starter for the next game. Drop Bernier for Brent Burns because I have an empty d slot and I'm tired of carrying a backup.

Quick gets torched for 3 goals on 12 shots and suddenly Bernier is relevant again.

Sigh....

Dobber Sports Sage

My goals are Lundy, Quick and Nemi and Im 2nd last in GA. They have what is a championship team fighting for a playoff spot.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    My goals are Lundy, Quick and Nemi and Im 2nd last in GA. They have what is a championship team fighting for a playoff spot.
    See what I mean? BUT WOW!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Why oh why...

Whyyyyy did I trade my Andrew Ladd and John Carlson for Jaden Schwartz and Danny Briere last summer?

Back then I looked at it like my D could afford to lose Carlson and I was getting Nash and Parise at LW anyway. I wish I knew Ladd would be a scoring machine for Winnipeg and that my team would sorely need the blocked shots from Carlson. Briere has been barely okay but not more and I know that I got Schwartz as a prospect and didn't expect him to produce anything for a couple seasons, but still... whyyyyyyyy did I do that trade? Bad asset management The part that annoys me the most is that I could have gotten Nick Bjugstad instead of Schwartz and right now I want him more
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

I traded Voracek straight up for Havlat last year. Im a idiot and Travis Zajac you really, really suck.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I traded Voracek straight up for Havlat last year. Im a idiot and Travis Zajac you really, really suck.
    I dealt Voracek for Frolik and Dalpe 2 years ago. Also acquired Zajac in 2 leagues but can't remember what for...but it was too much. Yeah.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I dealt Voracek for Frolik and Dalpe 2 years ago. Also acquired Zajac in 2 leagues but can't remember what for...but it was too much. Yeah.
    I drafted Voracek and Filatov in their rookie seasons, but the time came when I could only hang onto one and neither had really been doing a ton as one might expect with players that young (and on the Jackets to boot). I initially chose Voracek because i liked his game a little better from what i had seen, but then switched to Filatov at the last moment because he had the higher upside, you know?

Went to the Rangers/Flyers game a couple weeks ago. Watching Voracek out there actually made me a little nauseous.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Instead of creating a couple of threads for fairly random stuff, I thought we could have one thread where we just post about whatever annoys us about the NHL.

For example, right now I think Dave Tippett is a sore loser and actually pretty stupid for considering the puck hitting Whitney's glove and then bouncing to Yakupov who scored A HAND PASS! As if that was a planned play by Whitney. Just a stupid, annoying thing to say.

And another thing! Is it just me or does Boston have the biggest collection of players that look like cavemen? Horton and especially Lucic should be enough on their own but then they also have Marchand who is just flat out fugly!

Agree? Disagree? Add your own random annoyances or gripe about how mine are stupid!
    My buddy was in the elevator with Lucic at the RitzCarlton Toronto. He was going to say something, but the second he opened his mouth Lucic growled at him. He got off on the next floor.
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan