Thread: Spezza or Landeskog Keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Spezza or Landeskog Keeper

I'm trying to figure out what I should do with Spezza and Landeskog. My league allows you to have to two keepers each year. Would either one of these guys be a keeper with my current roster?
    14 Team H2H Pts.
    4G, 2A, 1+/-, 1PPP, 0.3SOG, 0.5Hits, 0.5BS
    5W, 0.2SV, -1GA, 4SO
    15 Man Roster: 6F, 3D, 2G, 4B, 2IR

[F]: E. Malkin, T. Seguin, J. Voracek, A. Radulov, J. Neal, A. Kopitar, L. Draisaitl, J. Silfverberg, B. Horvat
    [D]: D. Byfuglien, B. Seabrook, Z. Werenski, K. Letang
    [G]: T. Rask, T. Griess
    [IR]: A. Barkov

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't keep either of these two. With six forwards, four defense, and two goalies; and six skater cats to four goalie cats in a 12 team league, goalies are valuable.

In a weekly start league, I would probably keep Lunqvist and Ward (especially if "SV" means saves and not save %). With daily starts I would probably keep Kovalchuk and Lundqvist, although Ward would still be tempting.

Of course these would also depend on the drafting tendencies of your opponents.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Robbie View Post
    I wouldn't keep either of these two. With six forwards, four defense, and two goalies; and six skater cats to four goalie cats in a 12 team league, goalies are valuable.

In a weekly start league, I would probably keep Lunqvist and Ward (especially if "SV" means saves and not save %). With daily starts I would probably keep Kovalchuk and Lundqvist, although Ward would still be tempting.

Of course these would also depend on the drafting tendencies of your opponents.
    got to agree with this for the most part

lundqvist is a definite and i would say the last spot comes down to ward schneider and kovalchuk

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Giant

i also agree with the other posts but if you had to choose id take landeskog.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think either cracks your keepers. Lundqvist is an obvious first choice. Robbie made a good point about keeping two goalies if its daily starts.

But what it should really come down to is performance this year. This eliminates Spezza as he is out for at least two months. I think it comes down to who performs better, if Kovy or Landeskog light it up I would keep one of them. Although, if by some miracle Tarasenko were to maintain his current pace, he would be a good choice too.

If Schneider or Ward turn out to have stellar seasons, it might be worth it to keep two goalies.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".