Thread: Callahan and Weber for Neal?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Callahan and Weber for Neal?

I just offered someone the former. Is that a decent offer for Neal. Yea i know Callahan is out 10 days.

Dobber Sports Wizard

two horribly underperforming players (one injured) for one mildly underperforming player

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Icon

Depends significantly on categories. Points only it's probably a fair offer. If you count Hits I like the Callahan/Weber side far more.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dev4life View Post
    I just offered someone the former. Is that a decent offer for Neal. Yea i know Callahan is out 10 days.
    Not really, considering IMO it's bad form to offer an injured player. And the another one is not performing. The fact that Neal is just doing ok is not really relevant - there would be little reason for his owner to consider this. If I were him, I would reject with a comment stating the above and not counter.

Usually I would ask for the settings but in this situation it doesn't matter.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I disagree about offering an injured player. Callahan is out only a week or twoand he is still a decent player when you factor in his hits, blovk shots etc. It's not like I am offering up a person who is on the IR and out for a month or 2. Yes, Weber is underachieving but he was still a top 2 Dman last year in and top 5 in this years draft. We are only 2 weeks into the season so stats can change.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if stats can change you would be better off holding onto what you have since its so much better right

we will not know exactly how long cally will be out for btw until he comes back

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well his D is crap and he has a ton of forwards. My D is stacked and I'm lacking some forwards.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you took the injury factor out of the equation would you at least think it's an ok offer?

The Wolverine

I disagree about offering an injured player. Callahan is out only a week or twoand he is still a decent player when you factor in his hits, blovk shots etc. It's not like I am offering up a person who is on the IR and out for a month or 2. Yes, Weber is underachieving but he was still a top 2 Dman last year in and top 5 in this years draft. We are only 2 weeks into the season so stats can change.
    I understand that but it's about the other manager's perceived value and the timing of it all. An injured player still has a lower value (whether it's for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months), and the fact that he won't help the other manager right way will likely give him little incentive to consider this deal. Why should he trade arguably the best player of the three for an injured player and an under performing defenseman? Of course it's early and the stats should correct itself, but offering players at a lower value makes it less likely for the other manager to consider it. You'd have better luck offering players that are hot out of the gate, in an attempt to buy low on Neal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

his d will hardly get better by adding a player who has 0 points on the season

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

The Wolverine

If you took the injury factor out of the equation would you at least think it's an ok offer?
    Depending on the categories but it wouldn't be that bad an offer if they both were healthy and performing reasonably well. It would also depend on who the other manager would have to drop.