Thread: Maneuvering for Lehner and/or Markstrom - Giving Rep

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Maneuvering for Lehner and/or Markstrom - Giving Rep

I'm very serious about acquiring one of these two, and I'm willing to part with more than is logical. It is going to be tough to convince the owners to trade these guys though. My team is in the signature. Giving rep to reasoned advice that goes beyond "yes do it" or "no don't do it."

The team with Lehner:

C: Greening, Antropov, Johansen (RW), Getzlaf, Ennis (LW), Benn (LW), Duchene (LW), Giroux (RW)
    R: Etem, Franzen (LW), Brunner
    L: Chimera, Kane
    D: Scultz, Brodin, T. Kaberle, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Streit, Suter, Pietrangelo
    G: Halak, Rinne, Lehner, Montoya

*Note - this might be a tougher sell: earlier today, I offered Enroth for Lehner: but he turned it down and said he's going to wait on Lehner.

My thoughts: I might try to dangle Brian Elliot so that he can own the handcuff. I am also open to offering Ryan Strome, though I think Elliot + Strome is a bit much, and I'm almost certain that he wont accept a trade with Strome alone.

The team with Markstrom:

C: Couturier, Z.Smith, Hodgson (RW), Berglund, Backes (RW), Tatar
    R: Bertuzzi, Purcell, Callahan, Kulemin (LW), Talbot
    L: Hartnell, Moulson, Ovechkin, Sullivan, Tanguay
    D: Byfuglien, Ehrhoff, Diaz, Edler, Josi, White
    G: Vokoun, Ward, Leighton, Markstrom

My thoughts:This guy could use a better center - I might dangle Lecavalier or Andy McDonald and see if he takes it - but it's a goalie heavy league and I might have to throw in Enroth or S.Mason

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; January 31, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Why not try and add Dumba to Enroth, Dumba has good value and I'm sure you can pick up another D prospect. You could also push Winnik onto them, he's had a hot start and maybe they might buy into that, his production will taper off eventually.
    It seems like the lehner owner is not to willing to trade him. I'd start with a relatively low offer on markstrom and build from there. I think long term these two young goalies are fairly even but Markstrom has the easier path to a starters role.