Thread: Holtby

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Holtby

ok with Neuvirth staking claim to the starting gig at the moment (based on overall poor team performance is his initial starts for the most part), is there any reason for me to keep him....i picked up Nabby who seems to be holding his own. when Smith comes off IR I will need to make a choice as to who is the odd man out. Obviously not going to be Smith or Rinne....so would you hold Nabby or Holtby.

just worried about NYI in general and fully expect WSH to turn things around (likely with Holtby in the net as soon as I release him).

Help needed....
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Immortal

With only 5 goalie stats and an absolutely ridiculous amount of skater categories, I see no issue in dropping Holtby IF he is still in this situation when Smith comes back. Obviously that's a decision you have to make at that time though

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont understand why you would worry about the islanders more then washington

i know its fun to poke fun of them but they seem to have a team that wants it much more than washington does and i dont see washingtons talent level as being head and shoulders above that of the islanders

not that i think everything will be all flowers and rainbows for the islanders but i think they will have a better time of it than washington this season

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Superstar

dont understand why you would worry about the islanders more then washington

i know its fun to poke fun of them but they seem to have a team that wants it much more than washington does and i dont see washingtons talent level as being head and shoulders above that of the islanders

not that i think everything will be all flowers and rainbows for the islanders but i think they will have a better time of it than washington this season
    Agree with this. the Capitals despite their big names are a mess, while I see them winning more games going forward I don't expect them to start dominating any time soon. Further Neuvirth just wrestled the starting job from Holtby and since neither has done anything to keep it for long I see a 50:50 split.

The Islanders are the complete opposite. Nobody expected anything but they're playing solid from top to bottom, including good defence. Nabokov looks like he wants to be there and is playing great, also he has a much stronger hold on the #1 spot.

Easy pick to drop Holtby.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tha's a tough call. I'd have to wait it out a little longer. If he plays anything like he did during the playoffs, it's on like Donkey Kong!!

Dobber Sports Ace

thanks all...yeah its easy to look down on the Isles while inflating the Caps. at this point i am leaning on dropping Holtby (if things remain as is when Smith get back) to move Cally to IR and scoop up a Winger.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk