Thread: Frattin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Frattin

I need info on Frattin ASAP. Why has he been called up? He is expected to stick around? Who does he play with? How many points could be expected this season. What's his upside long term? Know nothing of the guy.

Rep for help.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I need info on Frattin ASAP. Why has he been called up? He is expected to stick around? Who does he play with? How many points could be expected this season. What's his upside long term? Know nothing of the guy.

Rep for help.
    He was called up because Lupul is out. He has been up and down the lines. If Tor's goaltending is shaky, he may be a piece that gets moved. I think he has top 6 upside. In the right environment, I think he's a 60pt player. He's gritty as hell and has a booming shot. He has nothing else to prove in the AHL. Everytime he's been presented with a chance in the NHL, he has produced. He's CLEARLY an NHLer.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/matt_frattin/

http://www.prospects.dobbersports.co...afs&Itemid=133

http://www.eliteprospects.com/transa...ransfer=154912

Dobber Sports Ninja

The way he's playing I can't see him getting sent back down, even upon Lupul's return. I think it's more likely you see Komorav or whoever that guy is sent down.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not sure but I thought that he was close to playing enough NHL games to have to clear waivers to be sent down anyway.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys.

I only get 2 UFA pickups in the season, so I have to choose wisely.

For some reason, there's been a UFA run in my league the last 2 days and I'm starting to fear there won't be much left if I wait much longer.

Only players 24 and older are eligible, so there aren't that many options out there to begin with.

To give you an idea the available UFAs I'm keeping an eye on are:

S. Koivu
    Glencross
    Frattin
    Hanzal

I'm trying to figure out if I should jump on Frattin right away, or wait a few more days to see what happens with the other guys.

I'm mainly looking for help this season, though keeper potential (in a keep 24) is always nice.

Dobber Sports Guru

Frattin played on the third line yesterday and was on the third line in practice today. He is a hard working winger with a good shot and nose for the net. I dont think he saw any PP time at all last night so that must be taken into account.

Ke
    vin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran
    Leaf lines: JVR-Bozak-Bozak; McClement-Grab-Kule; Frattin-Kadri-Komarov; MacArthur-Steckel (No Orr, Brown). All D present.