View Poll Results: Who wins the Super Bowl??

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Baltimore Ravens

6 42.86%
  • San Fran 49ers

8 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers..

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    This blackout is BULLSHIT. It's killing my Raven's momentum....

Jim Harbaugh probably ran to the back and hit the switch since he's completely out of moves.
    How embarassing for New Orleans. Your hosting the biggest sporting event probably in the world and you allow this to happen. I know shit happens but, this is the Super Bowl.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What a load of crap...these are supposed to be the best officials in the world.

Completely missed holding and pass interference on Baltimore, San Fran got robbed.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Great game, the Harbaugh family should be proud.

Kaepernick, what a player. Will be deadly for a long time.

Administrator

Woooooooooo!!!!!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Woooooooooo!!!!!
    Steve, I can't take anything away from your Ravens. They had a great run. I just wish the officiating was fair, but you can't always get what you want.

Congratulations.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Banned

absolutely brutal no call on the holding in the end zone...otherwise it was an entertaining game in the 2nd half, I just hate to see good games between good players decided by shitty officiating

Administrator

I won't disagree that they missed the call but if you honestly think this game was decided by the officials you are taking it one step too far. The 49ers had chances to win.

Banned

I won't disagree that they missed the call but if you honestly think this game was decided by the officials you are taking it one step too far. The 49ers had chances to win.
    were you watching a different game? it matters not one iota what happened previously, that blown call negated a prime chance for the go ahead TD, whether it was on that play or on the next set of downs. Given that you agree it was a blown call, I don't see how you could view it otherwise?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    were you watching a different game? it matters not one iota what happened previously, that blown call negated a prime chance for the go ahead TD, whether it was on that play or on the next set of downs. Given that you agree it was a blown call, I don't see how you could view it otherwise?
    Take a step back. The point is the 49ers had other chances to score and failed. Yeah, missed call but you could point to a ton of missed calls going either way.

You can't say it doesn't matter what happened before that play but it does matter. You make your own luck. The 49ers put themselves in a do or die situation and got unlucky. The whole outcome of the game was not decided by the officials. Too many hypotheticals to consider.

Let's say there's no holding there, Crabtree still has to make the catch. Then the 49ers have to stop the Ravens from marching back with enough time and timeouts. Or what if the ref calls the penalty. The 49ers still have to punch the ball in to take the lead. Maybe they succeed but they also just failed three straight times from the five. And again, they'd have to stop the Ravens who would have plenty of timeouts.

I just don't agree with throwing out everything else that happened in a game because one play was officiated incorrectly and happened to occur at the worst possible moment.

Banned

Take a step back. The point is the 49ers had other chances to score and failed. Yeah, missed call but you could point to a ton of missed calls going either way.

You can't say it doesn't matter what happened before that play but it does matter. You make your own luck. The 49ers put themselves in a do or die situation and got unlucky. The whole outcome of the game was not decided by the officials. Too many hypotheticals to consider.

Let's say there's no holding there, Crabtree still has to make the catch. Then the 49ers have to stop the Ravens from marching back with enough time and timeouts. Or what if the ref calls the penalty. The 49ers still have to punch the ball in to take the lead. Maybe they succeed but they also just failed three straight times from the five. And again, they'd have to stop the Ravens who would have plenty of timeouts.

I just don't agree with throwing out everything else that happened in a game because one play was officiated incorrectly and happened to occur at the worst possible moment.
    nope not even close...and for the record, I hate the Niners, I just like to see a good fair game in the Superbowl and have the game decided on the field. You're absolutely right if you wanna argue that the Niners didn't deserve to win that game, because they only came to play for about a quarter or a quarter and a half, the rest of the game they were invisible on offense and defense. But as a ref, you can't blow a call that badly in the ****ing superbowl, that's a tragedy, its not 'bad luck' dude, its bad ****ing officiating, REALLY bad, there is simply no way else you can slice this one no matter how much of a Ravens homer you might be. I believe the correct call in that situation should have been holding, 5 yards, automatic 1st down. You can't maul the receiver after the 5 yard cushion dude, especially when you aren't even remotely looking at the ball. Not saying the Niners woulda scored if that's the way it woulda played out but I sure as hell woulda liked to see them decide it on the field instead of some dickhead ref without a clue

Administrator

nope not even close...and for the record, I hate the Niners, I just like to see a good fair game in the Superbowl and have the game decided on the field. You're absolutely right if you wanna argue that the Niners didn't deserve to win that game, because they only came to play for about a quarter or a quarter and a half, the rest of the game they were invisible on offense and defense. But as a ref, you can't blow a call that badly in the ****ing superbowl, that's a tragedy, its not 'bad luck' dude, its bad ****ing officiating, REALLY bad, there is simply no way else you can slice this one no matter how much of a Ravens homer you might be. I believe the correct call in that situation should have been holding, 5 yards, automatic 1st down. You can't maul the receiver after the 5 yard cushion dude, especially when you aren't even remotely looking at the ball. Not saying the Niners woulda scored if that's the way it woulda played out but I sure as hell woulda liked to see them decide it on the field instead of some dickhead ref without a clue
    I hear what you are saying. I'm just saying the no call didn't DECIDE the game. Was it a factor? YES. But there were so many other plays made in that game.

I'm saying this completely as objectively as I can. I said the same thing when the Ravens had this same thing called against them when they lost to Philly in Week Two. Yeah, it's Week Two with replacement refs and not the Super Bowl but the point is that if you play to the wire, you are playing with fire. If you want to take the breaks out of the game then do more.

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a freaking great game.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if the 9ers came back and won after the power outage. Seriously....those with siblings know that the rivalry just would have went through the atmosphere.

Banned

I hear what you are saying. I'm just saying the no call didn't DECIDE the game. Was it a factor? YES. But there were so many other plays made in that game.

I'm saying this completely as objectively as I can. I said the same thing when the Ravens had this same thing called against them when they lost to Philly in Week Two. Yeah, it's Week Two with replacement refs and not the Super Bowl but the point is that if you play to the wire, you are playing with fire. If you want to take the breaks out of the game then do more.
    yup, no doubt...I just hated how it ended I guess, the Ravens owned the first half, then then the Niners came back big with 17 unanswered pts, then they went back and forth trading shots (like how we all expected the whole game to be!) so it was very sad for me to see it end on such a sour note when the two teams were duking it out so well to the final down, and then you get a terrible call...that's what I found really disappointing

Administrator

yup, no doubt...I just hated how it ended I guess, the Ravens owned the first half, then then the Niners came back big with 17 unanswered pts, then they went back and forth trading shots (like how we all expected the whole game to be!) so it was very sad for me to see it end on such a sour note when the two teams were duking it out so well to the final down, and then you get a terrible call...that's what I found really disappointing
    For sure. And for what it's worth, when the Ravens had to settle for that last field goal I honestly thought they had lost it right there. Didn't think they could stop the 9ers from marching. They didn't and then they did... sorta.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What a freaking great game.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if the 9ers came back and won after the power outage. Seriously....those with siblings know that the rivalry just would have went through the atmosphere.
    Obviously I'm elated that the Ravens won but I'm also ecstatic that the 49ers didn't win after that power outage so we don't have to hear about that as the storyline for years to come. I honestly think that game plays out similarly whether the power goes out or not. I honestly think it wasn't a factor. We'll never know of course, but I'm glad we don't have to know because that would have been the predominant storyline and it would have detracted from a great comeback by a fantastic 49ers team.