Thread: Waiver pick. Any of these D do it for ya?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Waiver pick. Any of these D do it for ya?

And your top 3 for a points only league going fwd would be.....

-Spurgeon MIN
    -Morris PHX
    -Vlasic SJ
    -Redden STL
    -Hamonic NYI
    -Methot OTT
    -Salo TB
    -Martin PIT
    (no Niskanen for 2-4 weeks w/injury), perhaps added pwr play time ..
    -Tyutin
    -T Gilbert

Like Vlasic, Morris and Spurgeon at the moment. Pick last at #24. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Fwds are available, but I think i'm looking to shore up on my D first.

COD
    Last edited by Call of Doughty; January 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

i used to be big on hamonik... he seems to have lost a lot of the hype though. i do like his upside.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm not stoked about any of these guys, but I'd be looking for players that log big minutes and as much secondary PP time as possible...guys who aren't afraid to shoot helps some too.

I think the best offensive opportunity is Salo and Gilbert. I know Salo is an injury risk, but he's playing close to 25 minutes a night, is within chump-change of equal PP time with Carle and is logging 3+ minutes of PK as well. With the top 6 they have in TB I think you have to gamble...especially with the shortened season.

After that I'd probably take Martin simply b/c of the talent in front of him.

I'm concerned that Vlasic will lose even the meager offensive minutes he's seeing now if and when Burns returns to SJ. Spurgeon doesn't seem to be getting as many looks as Gilbert in MIN.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd go with Salo while he's hot, just be prepared for the inevitable day when he hits the IR.

After that, I'd go with Harmonic or Redden. It might be a long shot that Redden returns to form, but stranger things have happened.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Novice

Hamonic
    Spurgeon
    Vlasic....although Pickles is a guy I liked and followed for a while and just kind of gave up on.

Dobber Sports Genius

Salo
    Morris
    Gilbert
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).