Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doubting my Doughty ;(

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You could also say that his lack of production is partly the reason for their PP being 0-25 as well.

Trade him while he still has some value.
    Fair point. The old chicken or the egg debate lol. I'm hoping for things to settle and work through the rough patch.

Mind you I have him in a keeper league, if it was just a 1 year league I could see the incentive to have less patience with him.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Doughty will be just fine. In fact, this is the time to acquire him, and NOT the time to sell - he will finish top 10 in d-man points this year, and will have a lot more upside than many of those who finish ahead of him. With the exception of Karlsson, Shultz, Letang and Pietrangelo, I can't think of another D-man I would rather have. He is right there with Yandle and OEL. Be patient!
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Colts View Post
    Doughty will be just fine. In fact, this is the time to acquire him, and NOT the time to sell - he will finish top 10 in d-man points this year, and will have a lot more upside than many of those who finish ahead of him. With the exception of Karlsson, Shultz, Letang and Pietrangelo, I can't think of another D-man I would rather have. He is right there with Yandle and OEL. Be patient!
    And you are basing this inside knowledge on.......???????

I can easily think of other offensive Dmen I would rather own. Byfuglien? Edler? Enstrom? Chara? Keith? MDZ?

Sounds like hopeful wishing to me. With the names you just listed and the ones I added, you seriously expect Doughty to jump any of these guys in scoring by seasons end? I havent even started naming the guys who are off to an expected hot start.

I agree that this is not the time to sell but you are kidding yourself if you think Doughty will climb into the top 10 for D scoring by seasons end. He wont be close to that. LA just doesnt score enough goals in Sutters system.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is sutter system is that bad offensifly speaking. Because i was looking to aquire doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And you are basing this inside knowledge on.......???????

I can easily think of other offensive Dmen I would rather own. Byfuglien? Edler? Enstrom? Chara? Keith? MDZ?

Sounds like hopeful wishing to me. With the names you just listed and the ones I added, you seriously expect Doughty to jump any of these guys in scoring by seasons end? I havent even started naming the guys who are off to an expected hot start.

I agree that this is not the time to sell but you are kidding yourself if you think Doughty will climb into the top 10 for D scoring by seasons end. He wont be close to that. LA just doesnt score enough goals in Sutters system.
    Lets wait and see - you seem awfully certain that Doughty will not crack the top ten many projections have him in AFTER FIVE GAMES of not producing.
    I am sure of nothing - I make no claim to having a crystal ball, but Edler is likely to have some injury issues, Byfuglien is hot and cold, Chara and Keith are off to good starts but are IMO better actual d-men than fantasy, and MDZ is no stranger to long droughts as well.
    Lets see how things play out - in the meantime, lets not lose faith in Dobbers #4 ranked fantasy keeper d-man based on a slow start!
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i have little doubt in doughty's talents, my concern is with LA and their impotent offense.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not sure why people are so shocked, LA has been one of the worst offensive teams over the last few seasons and once again cannot produce, especially on the PP.

A cup doesnt change those numbers and shouldnt have changed peoples expectations either.

They are built for the playoffs and are once again going to be scarey as heck in them but from a fantasy owners perspective unless you are talking multicat leagues, they are a team to steer clear of.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't understand their offensive woes though.

Doughty, Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin... their backend has decent offensive capabilities.

Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Richards... these are all guys with 200+ sog totals in multiple years, 3 of which have performed at point per game paces.

They don't have to play worrying about their goaltender, Quick has the skills to hold down the fort.

The tools are there, why can't they score? It is a complete enigma to me.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    I don't understand their offensive woes though..

The tools are there, why can't they score? It is a complete enigma to me.
    too tired from the night life.

But 2 of the three only put op PPG pace for a few seasons.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I'm in some serious need of a pick me up. 5 games, 0 points. 30 minutes last night, some 35 shifts and a minus 2.

He's not doing me any favours right now in my weekly lineup. Please, someone tell me that the points will come soon enough. He's playing nearly 30 mins a night and plays about a minute and a half of most powerplays, so I know it's not for a lack of ice time.

Stanley's hangover perhaps? Any other Doughty owners feeling a small squeeze lately?? I ranted and raved about OEL and Gaborik last week to a buddy, and they suddenly exploded for some points. Let's see what a Dobber rant will do to Doughty's point totals.

Are you listening Drew?? Anze it up and get it done

COD
    As a fellow Doughty owner, I feel your pain. DD plays the #1pp, #1pk and is on the #1 shut down Dman pairing. Sutter needs to find a way to lighten his workload. Preferably on the pk role if you own him in fantasy. Injuries to Greene and Mitchell have not helped out the situation.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, no goals as of yet but 2 PP assists tonight and an assist the last game as well. Some signs of life at least!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Well, no goals as of yet but 2 PP assists tonight and an assist the last game as well. Some signs of life at least!
    Haaaa I was just going to Say the same thing. Well sorta.. I paid a huge price to pair my Kopitar and Doughty together!
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Let's hope this gets him going.

I am not doubting Doughty as being one of the most talented D players in the league but the 59 point season he had was the anomaly not the other 3 with 40 or less points. He is not the fantasy stud you all seem to think he is. He is a very very average fantasy Dman. Elite in reality but very average in fantasy circles. Get the hell off fantasy island, you will not see 59 point seasons be the norm for this man. He is 45 with a upside of touching 55 once or twice more.
    Last edited by joeygmoney; February 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Dobber Sports Grand Master

IMO the most talented d-man currently playing in the NHL.

But he has a lot working against him:

- Defensive system
    - LA's offensive woes and being among the leagues worst in GF each year
    - Being relied on heavily a la Keith the other year... Mitchell and Greene, the two stay at home d-men on the kings are both on the shelf so Doughty is being leaned on heavily defensively