Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: {Signing} P.K. Subban

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    In two years though, Montreal gonna have to shell out big bucks to sign him long term. Could see him in Boston with his brother

Not sure all what went down and what not, but I have to think P.K. gave in on this one, but won't give in later?

Also there is not a no-movement clause in the deal.
    We really don't want him unless he grows up. Tons of talent..... we'll see what happens in two years.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Veteran

Contract details for PK Subban deal: $2.0 million in year 1

$3.75 in year 2.
    Thank the Lord!!!! This contract is the exact kind of contract I needed from him. If he had signed for 5+ I would have had to make an emergency trade.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Ninja

In two years though, Montreal gonna have to shell out big bucks to sign him long term. Could see him in Boston with his brother

Not sure all what went down and what not, but I have to think P.K. gave in on this one, but won't give in later?

Also there is not a no-movement clause in the deal.
    Can't see his brother playing in the NHL even in two years, definitely not with Rask so young. Lots can happen in a couple of years though.

P.K. definitely gave on this one. Way, way under the cap hit I thought he'd get. I thought closer to $5M per would be where he would slot in.

Anyone else think that deep down he's pissed at management and has already made up his mind to move after the two years is up? He would still perform because of personal pride and the fact that if he doesn't play like a $5-6M player, he won't get paid like a big time player.

If I'm right, it really doesn't matter that he didn't get a no trade clause.

I'm just happy to see him sign and look forward to seeing him back on the ice.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see Subban moving on. I could understand the viewpoint of being angry, but its just business. I just can't see PK with that kind of grudge.

$5 says he gets extended this summer at a significant increase.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thatbirdguy View Post
    I don't see Subban moving on. I could understand the viewpoint of being angry, but its just business. I just can't see PK with that kind of grudge.

Agree with this.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Immortal

Contract details for PK Subban deal: $2.0 million in year 1

$3.75 in year 2.
    Not a bad breakdown at all.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by thatbirdguy View Post

id take that bet for sure

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Can't see his brother playing in the NHL even in two years, definitely not with Rask so young. Lots can happen in a couple of years though.

P.K. definitely gave on this one. Way, way under the cap hit I thought he'd get. I thought closer to $5M per would be where he would slot in.

Anyone else think that deep down he's pissed at management and has already made up his mind to move after the two years is up? He would still perform because of personal pride and the fact that if he doesn't play like a $5-6M player, he won't get paid like a big time player.

If I'm right, it really doesn't matter that he didn't get a no trade clause.

I'm just happy to see him sign and look forward to seeing him back on the ice.
    I can actually see him holding a grudge. While he seemed keen on playing in Montreal, the kid is a very emotionally immature player. You can see it in his reactions on the ice when things don't go his way. This could easily translate over to the business side of things. That being said, it could all change over the next two years and he could really enjoy himself in Montreal. It will be an interesting situation either way I'm sure.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Administrator

He might hold a grudge. It seems like he really got strong-armed here. The Habs were able to keep his salary low AND managed to have the deal last only two years so that he's still a RFA when the deal is up so they will maintain leverage when negotiations pop up again. I'm sure there's some "wink-wink" "nudge-nudge" going on in terms of suggesting to PK he will get paid a big long term deal when this contract is up but the reality is he's going to have to remain both healthy AND productive to get his full value when this contract is up. He's assuming just about all of the risk here. So yeah, I could see maybe him holding a grudge, especially if there start to be internal grumblings about him not working hard enough or something. At that point I'd want out if I were him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Rest of the team not happy he is back?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414754

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

its always hard to tell how much journalistic liberty they are taking with articles like this, if there is one thing the press loves its drama so who knows how much there is to this. But if I had to guess, PK has very likely rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way and Therrien is going to need to get a hold of that and sort it out asap before it poisons the locker room. You see this frequently when you have star players who are self-absorbed (see Terell Owens, Sean Avery, etc)...that kind of attitude never gels well with the 'team' concept. Ideally, the Habs and Subban work it out and everyone benefits, but personally I'll take the Subban-less Habs playing the way they have the last 3 games over the Habs with Subban from last year

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

That's interesting.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis