Thread: Green for Marchand?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Green for Marchand?

I've been offered this trade in a full keeper: His Green for my Marchand

G A +/- PPP PIM hits SOG

my team:

Thornton, St Louis, Perry, Getzlaf, Marchand, J Staal, Marleau, Kunitz, Boedker, Dorsett, Doan, Gagner, Conacher, McDonald

Campbell, Boyle, Faulk, Diaz, R Whitney

Niemi Brodeur Khudobin

Seems a pretty even trade to me, I lose +/- but upgrade my mediocre D. What do y'all think?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kidcabernet View Post
    I've been offered this trade in a full keeper: His Green for my Marchand

G A +/- PPP PIM hits SOG

my team:

Thornton, St Louis, Perry, Getzlaf, Marchand, J Staal, Marleau, Kunitz, Boedker, Dorsett, Doan, Gagner, Conacher, McDonald

Campbell, Boyle, Faulk, Diaz, R Whitney

Niemi Brodeur Khudobin

Seems a pretty even trade to me, I lose +/- but upgrade my mediocre D. What do y'all think?
    I assume this is roto, and that all listed players count every week?

If that's the case I think this is a good deal for you, as with 5 D slots and 14 F slots it should be a smaller benefit to keeping Marchand relative to the best F available on the wire than the benefit of substituting Green for your worst current forward.

However the above depends on league size, as the drop-off for defense and forwards differs. In a six team league, Green's not so special relative to the 31st ranked D, when compared to the gap between Marchand and the 85th ranked F. The same might not hold for a 10-12 team league.

You may want to include this type of information in your signature to make it easier for others to provide you with the most helpful advice.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

I forgot to mention that info, 12 team full keeper head to head start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G.

a sample of the FAs:

D: Pitkanen, Robidas, Seidenberg, Liles, Zidlicky, Orpik

F: sullivan, Koivu, Raymond Gionta, Dupuis, Smyth, Hemsky

I used to have that stuff in my sig but now I'm in too many leagues for it to fit.

Thanks for the input!

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd do it. Still a big fan of Green, and recently he's been showing signs of life. This helps out your D, and you get a potentially elite fantasy producer for a relatively low price.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think it's worth the risk. Green's not been great in recent years but is apparently healthy and logging a ton of ice time. Marchand is also not a premier option at forward. So trading a 70 point guy who hits for a D who's almost certain to hit 40 and could hit as many as 60, it's a slam dunk.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne