Thread: N.Backstrom

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default N.Backstrom

What's going on with Backstrom? I know the caps are playing like crap and they are out of sync because of new coaching/philosophy... But Oates isn't even playing him on PP1. Ribeiro was on the 1st PP today and I am just mind boggled as to how you don't have Backstrom on your 1st PP unit. I think I may have to shop him around because I can't risk having him on PP2 being 2nd fiddle to Ribero.. that's a joke. Thoughts?

PS: Also noticed Yandle wasn't on the PP1 as well losing time to Laaaarson. Wtf is going on lol?

- L2TG

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    What's going on with Backstrom? I know the caps are playing like crap and they are out of sync because of new coaching/philosophy... But Oates isn't even playing him on PP1. Ribeiro was on the 1st PP today and I am just mind boggled as to how you don't have Backstrom on your 1st PP unit. I think I may have to shop him around because I can't risk having him on PP2 being 2nd fiddle to Ribero.. that's a joke. Thoughts?

PS: Also noticed Yandle wasn't on the PP1 as well losing time to Laaaarson. Wtf is going on lol?

- L2TG
    Bad time to shop Backstrom. You want to sell when value is high, not the opposite. You gotta believe Backstrom will bounce back. He's too good not to.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I know he's extremely talented but the coach has brain damage and has him on PP2. And because they barely won today he'll go with the same PP units next game. Most of Backs value comes on the PP and most especially because the caps are crap even strength this year. I just feel like because Oates is inexperienced Backs will be on and off the top unit throughout the entire year... waste.

Dobber Sports Master

Adam Oates is not inexperienced. It may be his first NHL head coaching gig, but I reckon he knows how to work a power play.

Dobber Sports Expert

I watched the game today. Backstarom was a ghost. Something's definitely not right with him. Lingering injury from last year? Injury still from KHL?

Owners will have to sit tight and hope for the best there.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Initiate

I could probably name 20 ex stud players who could not coach for crap. Coaching and playing are two different things. When Backstrom is not on your PP1, you're either stupid or there is something wrong with Backs.

Dobber Sports Master

Oates has already had a fair amount of success with his asst coaching roles. I think he'll eventually do well in WSH. It does seem weird not to have Backstrom on the PP1 tho.

Dobber Sports Expert

The way he was playing in the KHL prior to the end of the lockout (grainy, Russian highlight reel almost every night) to what he's been like this year so far.....I'm sure something isn't right. He did play over 19 min today, but never looked dangerous at all.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Initiate

Pretty sure he's fine cause the minutes are there.. but I'm just disappointed that he's not on the PP1. He's the last player on my fantasy roster I expected to not get PP time. I think people should begin to keep an eye on this and begin to look for other elite options at center. I'm going to try and flip Backs into a Tavares. I really don't see the caps returning to their old explosive ways, especially when Ovechkin is clearly done being a dominant fantasy force.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

really don't see the caps returning to their old explosive ways, especially when Ovechkin is clearly done being a dominant fantasy force

------------------------------------

Thats pure Bullshit.