Thread: rinne and the preds?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default rinne and the preds?

so, are the wins going to come or what? these shootout losses are absolutely killing me! the 3 losses in the shootout are worthless to me (2pts for a win and that's it) and the lone victory netted me nothing- thanks chris mason!

i know it's only the first week, but i am a little behind with injuries and late contracts and i don't want to slip even further.

is linback a safer bet next week (weekly rosters every monday) or do you roll with rinne again next week? i'm pretty sure i keep rolling with rinne, but wanted other opinions.

thanks
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure of the schedule for next week, but I would conitnue to roll with Rinne, which speaks to how good he is and why he should be between the pipes for your team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

They're bound to get better, I think. Give him at least another week!
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

Rinne is killing myself as well. I took a look at his stats from last year, and he does go through bouts, where he loses as many as 7 consecutive starts. On the flip side, he's also capeable of winning 10 in a row.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, it's tough being a Rinne owner right now but it's still early. I'd give it another week.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Banned

he's not playing badly though, they just aren't getting the wins yet unfortunately...in the league I own him fortunately we count shootout losses too so at least I'm getting some value from him despite the losses

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

thanks for the input, just wanted confirmation of my own thoughts here. on the flipside, it can't get any worse and the preds don't have any back-to-back games this week so rinne should get all three starts (hopefully)
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Novice

I see the general consensis is to stay with him, even though the Preds aren't scoring for him. I still have a chance to get Halak with a much better team in front of him.

Would you still ride it out with Rinne or make the deal for
    Halak?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Rinne is an elite goalie playing for a team who cant score. Now, having said that, a few goalies share this same situation.

The way i see it is you have to decide are the preds a playoff team? If so, then dont do the trade.

Personally, i share the view the preds arent a playoff team, and ironically enough, i traded rinne and low picks for halak and a couple of 2nds before the season started.

It might bite me in the ass, but then again i have 3 wins and 2SO compared to squat from rinne. Rinne will bridge the gap, however, i jus dont see the preds making the playoffs, or scoring many goals. Losing so many shootouts is a classic example of not enough skill guys. Think of the leafs....if it went to a shootout, they were usually toast.

You cant go wrong with either scenario. Rinne is Rinne. The wins will come. The answer is: how many?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I play in a pretty pedestrian, non head-to-head league. We only count wins and SO. As a result, Rinne isn't quite as valuable in my league as in most.

That said, he's riding my bench behind Schneider until the Preds get on a roll. This is ridiculous.

I can totally see trading for Halak. Much better team, seemingly better defensive system. The only thing you have to worry about is Elliott. If you're in a league like mine I could see swapping Rinne for Halak. But if you're in a league where you start multiple goalies, especially in head-to-head leagues, Rinne is still your guy.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i agree with you in regards to a h2h w multiple goalies. rinne is an absolute beast in that set-up, where if he loses 2-1 but saves 35/36 for ex, thats gold.