Thread: 7-1 Flyers win, Voracek -1 on the night......

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 7-1 Flyers win, Voracek -1 on the night......

With Philly decimated by injuries, I figured it would give Voracek a long look on the top line, but Laviolette knows his players better than I ever will, and he's elected to go with Read instead... Obviously panned out for them tonight, Read with a hattrick, and of course Voracek with a -1 for the game... Think I'm gonna cut the cord on him at this point... I can appreciate it's early in the season, but he does this each year... Comes with lots of promise, and simply doesn't translate it into on ice production...

Thinking I'm gonna drop him for Conacher at the moment, and then pick up a replacement RW after Pacioretty gets shifted to the IR... Maybe Hodgson, Purcell, Clowe, or even Read!

Thoughts?
    8 Team, One Year Y! Points Only: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN
    Forwards: G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPP(1), PIM(.5), SOG(.4)
    Goalies: W(4), GA(-1), SV(.2), SO(2)

C: J.Spezza(C), L.Couture(C/LW), D.Backes(C/RW), M.Grabovski(C)
    LW: R.Nash(LW/RW), E.Kane(LW), M.Pacioretty(LW), M.Lucic(LW)
    RW: D.Brown(LW/RW), J.Franzen(LW/RW), D.Clarkson(RW), R.Vrbata(RW)
    Defence: P.K.Subban, D.Byfuglien, K.Yandle, D.Phaneuf, B.Burns, J.Wisniewski
    Goalies: H.Lundqvist, C.Anderson
    Bench: N.MacKinnon(C), T.Hertl(C), J.Halak(G), J.Bernier(G)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im frustrated with Voracek as well thinking of dropping him. Conacher would be a good pick up
    Thanks

12 team h2h one year
    G, A, PIM, SOG,PPP, HIT,FOW, BLK, W, SV%,GAA, SO

F: Ryan Johansen,David Backes, James van Riemsdyk, Max Pacioretty,Jeff Carter, Monahan,David Perron, Brandon Dubinsky
    D: Erik Karlsson,T.J. Brodie,Victor Hedman,Aaron Ekblad
    G: Tuukka Rask, Braden Holtby,J. Bernier
    ir.Patric Hornqvist,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I know the feeling! I'm also getting very annoyed by this player. He really has a knack for always finding a way to do nothing. He's such a loser! No wonder Laviolette doesn't want to put him with Giroux.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gonna join the vent-fest...

I have been doubly hurt, since I own B. Schenn and Voracek, both who seem to have flopped off the top line after having their chances. Still, lines are changing around every ten seconds right now in Philly due to their poor start. I'd still suspect that Voracek get another long look in that spot, since most analysts think he has the right talents and playing style to complement Giroux/Hartnell.

Than again, if Conacher is available, you might want to switch. They're both similar fantasy players from a risk/reward standpoint, except we KNOW that Voracek can still put up 50 points plus on Phily's second line, whereas who knows where Conacher will be in two weeks if he cools off. My league also has several great players on the WW, so I might revisit this issue again in a week....
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Stud

In a 7 team league, dropping him isn't a bad move, especially with all the players that are available to be had.

I like the idea of adding Conacher and Hodgson and putting up Pacioretty on IR. But I personaly would hang onto Voracek a little bit longer, and only add Conacher putting Pacioretty on IR.

Dobber Sports Stud

How many years are people going to hold onto the idea that he's primed for a breakout? He's a 45-55 point guy who might get 60+ in a career year from what I can tell. Don't call him a dissapointment....just accept what he is and draft accordingly

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    How many years are people going to hold onto the idea that he's primed for a breakout? He's a 45-55 point guy who might get 60+ in a career year from what I can tell. Don't call him a dissapointment....just accept what he is and draft accordingly
    This is right on. There was a lot of optimism for Voracek before the season started because he was expected to line with Giroux. I've never been a fan of picking a guy cuz he's expected to play with the guy that's good. Now Voracek has talent coming out of his ears (and other holes possibly) but he just doesn't seem to be able to put it all together.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.