Thread: Bondon - 24/01/2013

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Bondon - 24/01/2013

So there I was, wondering, who should I start between Quick, Varlamov, and Bryzgalov? I didn't want to come to the boards with another thread. So I texted dyz to ask him his opinion.

Naturally he ignored me like the jackass he is.

So I thought, what would bondon do? Bondon would start his studs (Quick, Bryzgalov).

So I decided to start Quick and Varlamov. 9pm rolls around and it looks like it'll be a decision I regret as Bryz has a solid 1GAA, ~.940% and the W. Here we go again...

But wait?! Varlamov posts the shutout!? And Quick still hasn't let in a goal with 15 minutes left in the third period?! Could it be that my curse has been lifted starting tonight???

I watch the boxscore and constantly refresh it, as another friend of mine who happens to own Quick (no, not dyz that Benedict Arnold traitorous mother****er) texts me feverishly. My girlfriend, who I happen to be visiting, asks me why I'm so excited. She doesn't understand.

Edmonton gets a PP with just over two minutes left in the game and I'm thinking well that's it...they're gonna score. Score they did, as I see RNH's boxscore tally a goal. I text my buddy telling him the shutout is over, and he rages as he benched Halak to play Price and Quick (Not on my advice, however).

I get a response from my buddy: "THEY DISALLOWED IT!" - the exuberance is clear through the all-capitals message. I looked up to the hockey gods and exclaimed, "STOP ****ING WITH ME!"

Time starts to wind down and the boxscore now shows 8 seconds remaining in the game. I'm thinking I'm safe, holy crap I just benched a great performance, just to have two better ones. Tonight couldn't have worked out better!

Text from my friend: "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME YAKUPOV!?"

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm in three leagues where teams have both Varlamov and Bryzgalov...
    ...and now you too. That's the fourth team I'm aware that has the Russian 'ov boys.

So, here's the thing.
    There are fantasy hockey gods.
    Don't fugg with them.

Separating Varly & Bryz is bad news.
    There will be magic this year for anybody that sticks with them.

Also - the fantasy hockey gods are pleased with me (apparently) and have cursed all of the top three goalies for this year (Lundqvist, Quick, and Rinne) - just as I have predicted.

Mwa-ha-ha.
    Ah, rewards for ye who believe in the Fantasy Hockey Gods.

Administrator

Not sure what we're doing here. We know you are terrible with goalies. That's about as common knowledge as TequilaMonster not liking Crosby. I really think it's time that you join those box pools that get passed around the workplace and have no goalies.

I agree with your remarks about Dyz though. I enjoy beating him in UHL.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm in three leagues where teams have both Varlamov and Bryzgalov...
    ...and now you too. That's the fourth team I'm aware that has the Russian 'ov boys.

So, here's the thing.
    There are fantasy hockey gods.
    Don't fugg with them.

Separating Varly & Bryz is bad news.
    There will be magic this year for anybody that sticks with them.

Also - the fantasy hockey gods are pleased with me (apparently) and have cursed all of the top three goalies for this year (Lundqvist, Quick, and Rinne) - just as I have predicted.

Mwa-ha-ha.
    Ah, rewards for ye who believe in the Fantasy Hockey Gods.
    So should I trade Quick?...lol.

On a related note, another buddy of mine texted me asking me who he should start between Ward and Neuvirth (his lock being Niemi).

I picked Neuvirth.

Oops.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I often ask myself WWBD. Not with goalies. Never with goalies. But with other guys, yea. That question. That question.........

Administrator

Stop mocking Bonny. He once had a youtube video made in his honor. The guy is a big deal.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

So you're to blame for that goal? I should have known.

In fairness, I was also hoping the Kings would win. My opponent had Dubnyk in net and I didn't want him getting those extra 3 points. Then Yak, Hall, and RNH combined for 11 points on the last 2 goals, and giving up 3 for the win was worth it. I was up in arms when the RNH goal got called back, and it actually benefited me.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I had Varly, Niemi and Nuevy last night...

I went Varly and Niemi...

My decision was based on opponents goalies actually...

Varly was going to be pulled for Nuevs if Montreal planed on using Budaj... So happy the Habs used Price to make my decision easy to swallow...

I already missed a shutout this week as I have Josh Harding on my farm... and unfortunaly he will miss tonights start for me... but I'll have him called up next week... depending on how awesome Nuevs is tonight...

According to Mr. Goldman, Neuvs was decent last night, but the Cap's D decided they needed a night off... I'm not big on Holtby, he is rather ragged and inconsistant...

As to the Quick issue... he played very well in that game... but it was magical to see Edmonton pull it out, I'm not one to point fingers at the refs often... but last night they were out to purely **** the Oilers in that game from the start. The original goal should not have been called back, had it stood I felt LA would have pulled it out, they still had control... but after the Yakupov goal, LA was fully deflated... The good news is Quck's GAA was still under 2 on the night and a good SV%. You didn't do too poorly so I wouldn't cry over it.
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Rules were changed this offseason and they actually handled the situation correctly. In situations like that, all four officials are supposed to confer with each other (it is still not reviewable) and then the low official has final decision on the goal. I'm not sure I agree with it being goalie interference, but calling it off after consulting the other three on ice officials is how the NHL wants those situations handled.