Thread: Grabner for real?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Grabner for real?

Do you think this guy can keep the pace throughout the entire season? Do you think he can have a shot on the Tavares line?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, here's my long and short of it... 1)Grabner has proven he can hit 30 in a season before and has a flair for nice finishes. 2)A high speed guy should be a great asset next to J.T., who's not known for top level explosiveness. 3)The Isles don't have a ton of other good forwards, especially without Nino being up yet...

I think he will hit 25, maybe 30, but other teams will begin to game plan for him accordingly in the not so distant future.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just don't buy into Grabner.....a large percent of his goals are off of breakaways or snipes from the wing. Nice goals, and he has the speed to create those chances, but you can't bank on those happening consistently. He still doesn't go to the real goal-scoring areas enough to be a consistent scorer.

I expect Grabner to have a nice career on a 2nd line....25 goals could be the norm with some years at 30, but his points will always be low overall since he's a pure shooter, he doesn't pick up many assists. I definitely wouldn't expect an explosion from him like some people were saying after his rookie year....no 40-45 goal seasons are on his horizon.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I just don't buy into Grabner.....a large percent of his goals are off of breakaways or snipes from the wing. Nice goals, and he has the speed to create those chances, but you can't bank on those happening consistently. He still doesn't go to the real goal-scoring areas enough to be a consistent scorer.

I expect Grabner to have a nice career on a 2nd line....25 goals could be the norm with some years at 30, but his points will always be low overall since he's a pure shooter, he doesn't pick up many assists. I definitely wouldn't expect an explosion from him like some people were saying after his rookie year....no 40-45 goal seasons are on his horizon.
    I second this...he may get a shot at the top line, but won't likely make a career out of it.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Grabner is an overrated flash-in-the-pan.
    He has his moments. Last night was one.

Don't count on even production from him... though he has played best with Frans Nielsen in the past. Was it Boyes-Nielsen-Grabner last night? Just saw the box score, just curious? (Any Isles fans watch it?)