Thread: Which Rookies Stay?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which Rookies Stay?

Just looking to see what rookies everyone thinks will stay the duration of the year or be sent packing after the 6 game tryout.
    So far I think the safe ones are: Conacher, Hamilton, Taresenko, Yakupov, Schultz, Granlund. Not too sure about Galchenyuk. I think he is a stud and so do the Habs fans. The question is, will they burn a year off his entry year from a result of the fans pressure or does he just flat out earn his way into the roster?
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jake44 View Post
    Just looking to see what rookies everyone thinks will stay the duration of the year or be sent packing after the 6 game tryout.
    So far I think the safe ones are: Conacher, Hamilton, Taresenko, Yakupov, Schultz, Granlund. Not too sure about Galchenyuk. I think he is a stud and so do the Habs fans. The question is, will they burn a year off his entry year from a result of the fans pressure or does he just flat out earn his way into the roster?
    Well Conacher, Tarasenko, Schultz, and Granlund don't have to worry about the 6 game limit since they're old enough their contracts will not slide anyway. Hamilton and Yakupov still have that option but I assume they'll stay Yakupov for sure and Hamilton practically for sure. Also, Huberdeau should be in Florida all year.

I actually expect Grigorenko to stay in Buffalo....both Hodgson and Ennis have had injury issues in the past, and if either of them goes down the Sabres don't really have anyone to take their spot, so Grigo should stay in the NHL.

Galchenyuk is a tough call....I don't expect Montreal to be very good this year, so burning a year of Gally's ELC doesn't seem like a great idea. I personally think him going back to the OHL for a year would be the best plan, let him dominate the league for an entire year, and then start next season in Montreal.....but I'm not sure what the Habs plan to do with him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar