Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - January 23rd-26th Edition

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Do you feel OEL passed Yandle on the depth chart?
    Stats for this year indicate that it is a yes.
    More toi, more pptoi, more points.
    In a game this week (Sunday, vs Hawks), Yandle had the least toi among all D-men of Phoenix (18:26).
    He's rank 2nd D-man on Dobber's 300-players fantasy ranking.
    But, do you think the same?
    Yes he has - it happened last year, actually.

OEL is far and away better in real life, but in fantasy hockey Yandle is probably the better bet to own (especially if he gets moved in a trade, which is likely in my view).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    So, here we are: trade offer.
    A gm asked for Yandle this summer, before declaring keepers.
    The same gm keeps asking for Neal twice a day since start of season (I acquired JN during draft).
    He owns Ovechkin. It's the only asset he has for me to move Neal.
    To boost Neal's value I could include Yandle in the deal.
    I need a replacement for my D, so Phaneuf would be coming back my way.
    Yandle carries more value than Phaneuf here. Value again...
    Wich side do you pick?
    Neal + Yandle
    or
    Ovechkin + Phaneuf

Thank you Jeff!
    Getting a bang for your buck here!

I'd go for the Neal side probably - try for Neal and Ovy straight across. If that doesn't work... perhaps see if you can rework it. Moving Yandle right now would be selling a bit low.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Two questions:

I need two guys to start tonight. Who? Neuvirth, Halak and Bryzgalov are my guys.

Should I drop Bachman for Nihlstorp long term?
    Bryzgalov and Halak (if he is indeed starting).

I would, yeah.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Your thoughts on former-Canuck Cody Hodgson? Will he be able to keep that #1 C spot next to Vanek and Pominville? What to expect from CoHo this year and going forward?

Thanks.
    He is dynamite on the PP but I still think his skating is a huge 5 on 5 hindrance - he simply is a liability defensively. I think he will be productive because of his offensive talents, but I am not sure he is top line material right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Thanks as always. Team in my sig - on my bench I've got Kesler (injured), Gerbe (injured), Vatanen (injured), Khudobin (3rd goalie/backup), Joe Colourne (AHL) and Sgarbossa (AHL). The rest of my players are in my active lineup, including Gardiner (thankfully just back) and Orlov (injured).

So in short, due to lack of dman depth I'm not able to ice a full lineup currently. Our waivers are Fridays and there are some interesting dmen (my most pressing need) available (numbers in brackets are how many pool points they have in our league after Wednesday night's games): Kostka (14), Rozsival (22), Wiercioch (15), Oduya (30) and Aulie (21). Michael Stone is also available, as is the intriguing Paul Ranger but he's still in the AHL.

Do I hold tight or make a waiver move for a dman (and if so, how do you rate the ones available and who on my roster would you drop)? If you recommend a move, ideally you'd give me a couple/few names as I'm low in the waiver order. Other factors: I'm in first place and I don't want to make a panick move. Also, I think Vatanen will be back soon so could activate him in place of Orlov (but Vatanen may be sent to AHL anyway).

Finally, there are a few forwards available on the wire that I'll throw out there in case you think they're an upgrade - Tedenby, Rackell and Hartikainen are three of interest.

Thanks again
    I'd probably add a defenseman - one of the Chicago guys is the safest bet, Wiercioch is a bit of a gamble. Who were you thinking of dropping?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rooneypoo View Post
    I have a GM who has been interested in my Schneider and P. Kane for a very long while, and he's finally offering something that is at least worthy of consideration in the form of Rinne and Yakupov. What do you think? Is Rinne really much of an upgrade on Schneider, and will Yakupov be keeper material in my league, where we keep only 6 players, this early in his career? I don't see a pressing need to do this, but I thought I'd seek some second opinions.

League details and my team are in my signature. His roster, meanwhile, looks like this:

C: RNH, J. Staal, Carter
    LW: Landeskog, Eriksson, Kunitz, Semin (RW)
    RW: Neal, Eberle, Jagr, Yakupov
    D: Letang, Green, Shultz, Kulikov, Hamhuis
    G: Rinne, Ward

His Neal and Rinne are really the only two players of real interest, as my core is very strong and pretty young overall. I will probably have a keeper dilemma on my hands in a few months if Pietrangelo performs as well as I think he will, too, which might be an argument for pursuing a two-for-one.

Thanks for opening up the mail bag!
    I'd make that trade, and I say that as a huge Kane/Schneider fan.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop67 View Post
    Backes is a monster. Neal had his big break out with Pittsburgh last year. How do you rank the Roto value for these young power forwards in 2 years time? Is there anyone I missed? (See my signature for my league's point system).

Z. Kassian
    M. Foligno
    C. Kreider
    C. Coyle
    N. Neiderriter
    In order:

Kassian
    Coyle
    Niederreiter
    Kreider
    Foligno

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi Angus,
    who is the best prospect who haven't play one NHL game? It's for a keeper, no position, 1 point for goal and 1 point for a pass.

Thanks in advance
    Kuznetzov (WSH) - but the KHL/Russian risk is a factor.

After that.... probably Ryan Strome.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymasters View Post
    Hi Angus,
    I'm in a keeper pool in which you protect 12 of 30 players. you dress 4c, 8w, 6d and a goalie. Our draft is this weekend and I am wondering at what point I should select certain guys. Defence is my main concern. I have Drew Doughty, Kevin Shattenkirk and P.K. Subban. Because of Subban's situation, I'm likely to focus my first two choices on defence. Likely a veteran with the first. I'd really like to get Justin Schultz. I'm not sure how eager other poolies are in selecting him. At what point in the draft do you think I should select him by? Also, I chose not to protect James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Ennis, I'm debating redrafting them. My concern with both though are their health. Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Emanuel
    Schultz will go early - I wouldn't hesitate to grab him really early. Round 1 early.

I like both of those players - health is a concern, but not a major one. JVR especially with Lupul out for a few months now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymasters View Post
    Hi Angus,

Sorry, I forgot to state that defence goals are worth two points in our pool so that may factor in the advice you give me on Schultz.

Emanuel
    Even more reason to go after him if you can.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Hey Angus,

Team is in sig. What are your thoughts on Boedker for this season and beyond? He's been getting decent minutes and offense has to come from somewhere in Phoenix. Is her worth grabbing off of waivers and who would you drop, if yes?
    I like him a lot, but PHX forward situation is always a tricky one to figure out.

He is worth adding, for sure. I really like his game. Who would you drop? Give me two or three candidates and I will weigh in.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rockachop View Post
    Hi Angus thanks for taking questions.

Between Kyle Okposo, Matt Read and Ryan Johansen, who would you say has the most fantasy potential, in a keeper league with salary cap (actual salary, not caphit). Points only, hits / shots / PIMs irrelevant.

Thanks!
    Johansen very easily.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post
    Thanks for doing one of these man, much appreciated.

1.) how much is too much for tarasenko... is he worth granlund + or stepan +
    12 team league keep 12 + 5 farm (100 gp) h2h weekly starts

start 10 fwds positions matter, G A PIM +/- hits blks ppp shp fow sog
    23 pro roster spots.

would love to acquire him in as many leagues, im in many similar with the above cats that are keepers or dynasty. trying to assess tho what fair market value is for him so i dont fall victim to over paying with all the hype. if i have to pay a bit extra i might be okay with that but i dont want to get caught up in him and sell off someone who's equal in value and a sweetner to boot.
    I wouldn't move Granlund + or Stepan + for him. Buying high right now, and I like both of those players. I'd move Stepan straight across, though. Granlund I am not sure... I'd probably hold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post

2.) 20 team h2h G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP, PIM, HITS, BLKS

keep 7 now but will be a dynasty next season.

current keepers are OV seguin tavares pietrangelo rask b.smith nyquist

we carry over our farm too (grigs yakupov coyle mrazek) may keep khudobin if nyquist doesnt warrant a spot this season. goalies are kind of scarce.

been receiving a ton of interest in OV, and with it switching to a dynasty format next season maybe selling him for two or 3 good pieces now would be a good idea.

best offer so far thats interested me as far as who im receiving (had some fair market offers but they werent particularly appealing) and would like to know if i should ask for more coming back or not. not opposed to keeping OV either.

MY : OV + b.smith

for

HIS: Lucic + Weber

keepers would then be... Lucic, seguin, tavares, rask, weber, pietrangelo, nyquist/khudobin.
    I'd pass for now - let Ovy have a full year under Oates first.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Craig Smith. What are your thoughts on him? How long to wait? He's got a nice upside, and an extra appeal in setups that include PIM, but he's been getting very little ice-time so far this year. Given the sparseness of offensive talent in Nashville, that is not a good sign for Smith.

Thanks!
    Like his game, but Nashville has a lot of depth and balance up front. And as you said, his ice time is lacking.

If he sees top six minutes and PP time, he is a 50-55 point guy (full season). If not, he's a 30-35 point guy. That is a big swing.

I'd wait another year at least, if you can, though.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Gern Blansten View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Jeff! All of these questions pertain to the team/stats in my signature.

1. Jeff Carter or Cody Hodgson for this season?
    2. Do you think Conacher sticks with the top line in TB. Thought on him in general?
    3. Looking into your crystal ball, what does Minnesota do with Backstrom?
    4. Is Alex Steen a solid add or just asking for trouble (BAB)?
    5. Zajac is just sitting on the FA list. Add or pass?

Cheers!
    Carter

Yes I do - huge fan, love his skill, grit, an d tenacity

Re-signs him

Solid add and a BAB - as long as you know the risks, go for it

Add