Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - January 23rd-26th Edition

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Best prospect

Hi Angus,
    who is the best prospect who haven't play one NHL game? It's for a keeper, no position, 1 point for goal and 1 point for a pass.

Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default When to make selections on certain players

Hi Angus,
    I'm in a keeper pool in which you protect 12 of 30 players. you dress 4c, 8w, 6d and a goalie. Our draft is this weekend and I am wondering at what point I should select certain guys. Defence is my main concern. I have Drew Doughty, Kevin Shattenkirk and P.K. Subban. Because of Subban's situation, I'm likely to focus my first two choices on defence. Likely a veteran with the first. I'd really like to get Justin Schultz. I'm not sure how eager other poolies are in selecting him. At what point in the draft do you think I should select him by? Also, I chose not to protect James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Ennis, I'm debating redrafting them. My concern with both though are their health. Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Emanuel

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Drafting certain players

Hi Angus,

Sorry, I forgot to state that defence goals are worth two points in our pool so that may factor in the advice you give me on Schultz.

Emanuel

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Angus,

Team is in sig. What are your thoughts on Boedker for this season and beyond? He's been getting decent minutes and offense has to come from somewhere in Phoenix. Is her worth grabbing off of waivers and who would you drop, if yes?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Angus thanks for taking questions.

Between Kyle Okposo, Matt Read and Ryan Johansen, who would you say has the most fantasy potential, in a keeper league with salary cap (actual salary, not caphit). Points only, hits / shots / PIMs irrelevant.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for doing one of these man, much appreciated.

1.) how much is too much for tarasenko... is he worth granlund + or stepan +
    12 team league keep 12 + 5 farm (100 gp) h2h weekly starts

start 10 fwds positions matter, G A PIM +/- hits blks ppp shp fow sog
    23 pro roster spots.

would love to acquire him in as many leagues, im in many similar with the above cats that are keepers or dynasty. trying to assess tho what fair market value is for him so i dont fall victim to over paying with all the hype. if i have to pay a bit extra i might be okay with that but i dont want to get caught up in him and sell off someone who's equal in value and a sweetner to boot.

2.) 20 team h2h G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP, PIM, HITS, BLKS

keep 7 now but will be a dynasty next season.

current keepers are OV seguin tavares pietrangelo rask b.smith nyquist

we carry over our farm too (grigs yakupov coyle mrazek) may keep khudobin if nyquist doesnt warrant a spot this season. goalies are kind of scarce.

been receiving a ton of interest in OV, and with it switching to a dynasty format next season maybe selling him for two or 3 good pieces now would be a good idea.

best offer so far thats interested me as far as who im receiving (had some fair market offers but they werent particularly appealing) and would like to know if i should ask for more coming back or not. not opposed to keeping OV either.

MY : OV + b.smith

for

HIS: Lucic + Weber

keepers would then be... Lucic, seguin, tavares, rask, weber, pietrangelo, nyquist/khudobin.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Wizard

Craig Smith. What are your thoughts on him? How long to wait? He's got a nice upside, and an extra appeal in setups that include PIM, but he's been getting very little ice-time so far this year. Given the sparseness of offensive talent in Nashville, that is not a good sign for Smith.

Thanks!
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for doing this, Jeff! All of these questions pertain to the team/stats in my signature.

1. Jeff Carter or Cody Hodgson for this season?
    2. Do you think Conacher sticks with the top line in TB. Thought on him in general?
    3. Looking into your crystal ball, what does Minnesota do with Backstrom?
    4. Is Alex Steen a solid add or just asking for trouble (BAB)?
    5. Zajac is just sitting on the FA list. Add or pass?

Cheers!
    H2H (10 Team): G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocked Shots - W, GAA, Sv%, SO
    Keep 4; Play 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1F, 4D, 1UTL, 2G

C: Crosby, Johansen, Stepan, Johnson
    RW: Simmonds, Backes, Toffoli, Okposo, Brouwer
    LW: Ovechkin, Lucic, Landeskog, Palat
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Shattenkirk, Gudas, Parayko
    G: Holtby, Allen, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    What are your thoughts so far on Justin Schultz? For a keeper league like the one in my sig would you consider moving Bobby Ryan for Schultz? I'm deep on D but could make a move or 2 after
    He's been as advertised - deadly on the PP, great passer, still a ways to go defensively.

That is a tough move to evaluate - I'd probably do it, but Ryan is a stud.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Penguins WaterBoy View Post
    Is Brendan Smith still a good pick for this year (G and A only) considering his TOI so far. (he was a 5th-6 dman)
    Yes. It has been three games.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    2nd team in SIG.

Do you think it's time to trade Sedin & Thornton ? Not a lot of market for Ribeiro..

I feel like this could be my last chance at getting fair value for them in a trade.
    I am of the mindset that there is no time like the present - unless you think you have no chance at winning, I don't see the point of trading two elite centers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    I'm in a pool where goalies are more valuable than skaters. We can have two on our roster and I currently have Lundy and Howard, with Lindback on my farm team.

I would love to cash in on Howard by trading him for a skater and moving Lindback up to the big team but I wonder if Howard's bad start is a minor setback and whether Lindback can be the guy in TB.

I guess I'm just looking for your thoughts on the difference between Howard and Lindback. Personally, I feel like Lindback could be the better goalie.
    I'd hold off for now - he "could" be the better goalie, but he has a lot to prove.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    The Coyotes seem to be splitting their offensive production around quite a bit. I've noticed that there are several wingers from their teams available in most of my leagues (similar settings to my league in my sig). What sort of production for this season do you see from guys like Vermette, Sullivan, Korpikoski, Boedker?
    They do this every year - it makes it tough to really get an accurate measure for TOI. I like Boedker a lot - I think he's the guy to own in Phoenix.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Sprya View Post
    Two questions.
    1. 15-team 30 player keeper league. Play-off counts. Pts heavy, but +/-, PIM and Shots also included. Want to offer my Conacher, Hamilton and Franzen for his Callahan, Seidenberg and A.McDonald - hope to win it now. Dont need keepers - for example in defence I have Shattenkirk, Keith, del Zotto, Letang, Faulk - and can keep only 4.
    Do Callahan, Seidenberg and A.McDonald give me better chance this year (play-off!)? Or is it better to propose this trade without Hamilton and Seidenberg for example?
    Yes they do, but I'd be very cautious about giving up Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprya View Post

2. In league with multiple categories (incl. Hits, Blk, ATOI) I need one rookie to keep for 2 years. According our rules both Z.Kassian and K.Palmieri are rookies. Who is better - for THIS year and NEXT only (talent, opportunity, points, secondary categories)?

I will be very grateful for detailed answer (espessially 2nd question). Thanks!
    Kassian, by a lot. I may be biased (not so much as a Canuck fan, but I have followed his career quite closely). He has a huge opportunity to produce, and so far has responded.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    For the league in sig.
    Points only. No position. 6 keepers.
    Is a trade of J.Neal for A.Ovechkin really a no-brainer?
    I know AO carries a lot more value. He's the big name.
    But, at the end of the year, the winner of the league is the one with most points, not better value...
    Last year, Neal outpointed AO by 16.
    Yes it is. You have to make that move.