Thread: Quick + for Ovie +

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unhappy Quick + for Ovie +

May sound nutz...but it caught your attention and got you here.

I have no faith in my goaltending.

Halak is threatened be Elliot.
    Backstrom is threatened by Harding, age and injury status...out weighs playing for a congract.
    Bryz...i'm tired of half of the guys here saying he's washed up and will be bought out at years end vs others who think he's going to make a comeback to phoenix form.

Seeing my rosters below...help me orchestrated an offer for QUICK.

Current time owner also has Lehtonen and Miller.
    Centers include:
    Henrik Sedin
    Jonathan Toews
    Jordan Staal
    Brandon Dubinsky
    Ryan O'Reilly
    Jussi Jokinen
    Sean Couturier

Wingers include:
    Nash
    J. Staal
    Doan
    Joikinen
    Cole
    Jagr
    Setogucci

D include:
    Keith
    Seabrook
    Carle
    Yandle

He only has 4 defenders and we can start 4 each night. Maybe a package including a Defender?

I'm at a loss. Or someone tell me to be patient...that this mayhem too will pass!?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How bout this offer?

My Bryz, Phaneuf and Clowe
    For
    His Miller(perhaps Lehtonen...but want Miller mire) J. Stall and Clarkson?
    Last edited by havanablast21; January 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm guessing by the silence here after 47 views...that most think my situation is hopeless!

bahahahahahawawawawawaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Drawing Board Time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

unfortunately miller is off to a good start and bryz isnt which is going to make an deal including the two difficult at best

the time to strike was going into the season as bryz i think outpointed miller in both of the last two seasons however given the starts of the two that is now pretty irrelevant

he might only have 4 defenders because he would rather bench an extra forward or extra goalie many leagues i am in most people dont bench an extra defenseman so including a defenseman might actually have no value for him

to be honest with the start of bryz i dont see how you can get miller or lehtonen without offering up something of real value going the other direction

you can try making the offers but i just dont see how they do anything but poison the water

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    unfortunately miller is off to a good start and bryz isnt which is going to make an deal including the two difficult at best

the time to strike was going into the season as bryz i think outpointed miller in both of the last two seasons however given the starts of the two that is now pretty irrelevant

he might only have 4 defenders because he would rather bench an extra forward or extra goalie many leagues i am in most people dont bench an extra defenseman so including a defenseman might actually have no value for him

to be honest with the start of bryz i dont see how you can get miller or lehtonen without offering up something of real value going the other direction

you can try making the offers but i just dont see how they do anything but poison the water
    Point taken. I just figured because we can play 4 D every night and must Keep 4 D at seasons end...offering him up an elite D when he only has 4 total...would be a gauranteed Keeper in Phaneuf, comparible to Keith and Yandle...but defintely better than Seabrook and Carle. I'm thinking long term. Shoring up his D when that's seems to be his main shallow area.

But I get that...Maybe trying to flip Bryz for a Kipper (old) or Ward (younger) who are off to equally poor starts...worse actually...is my better course of action.

Bryz - 7 after 3 games
    Ward - 50
    Kipper - 45

Dobber Sports Wizard

maybe you could try to work out a deal for another keeper and hold bryz until his value increases and then off load him

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    maybe you could try to work out a deal for another keeper and hold bryz until his value increases and then off load him
    Counter offer proposed to me just not to my Ward for Bryz offer this morning,

what do you think of this:
    My Carter and Bryz
    for
    His Anderson and Wheeler

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving up on Carter...especially if it's for Wheeler...(don't really care about Wheeler). What about Countering that with Voracek and Bryz for Wheeler and Anderson?

Anderson is a bit of a gamble...as he's only really been a #1 for the past 3 years...and one of those years he wasn't all that great. But his stats from last year and 1st year in Colorado are impressive. How long can he hold the #1 role in Ottawa before Lehner / Bishop squeeze him out?

(Lehner is available on the wire - as a potential follow-up move)

End of day...If Anderson good enough return on Bryz? Or am I being Rash?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Counter offer proposed to me just not to my Ward for Bryz offer this morning,

what do you think of this:
    My Carter and Bryz
    for
    His Anderson and Wheeler

Personally, I'm not a fan of giving up on Carter...especially if it's for Wheeler...(don't really care about Wheeler). What about Countering that with Voracek and Bryz for Wheeler and Anderson?

Anderson is a bit of a gamble...as he's only really been a #1 for the past 3 years...and one of those years he wasn't all that great. But his stats from last year and 1st year in Colorado are impressive. How long can he hold the #1 role in Ottawa before Lehner / Bishop squeeze him out?

(Lehner is available on the wire - as a potential follow-up move)

End of day...If Anderson good enough return on Bryz? Or am I being Rash?
    i am not a big wheeler guy either

voracek is not going to get it done for you he is giving you a keeper goalie and taking back a goalie he very well might not be able to keep so i understand if he wants a keeper forward in return

i would try to see if i could get better than wheeler but i think you have to accept that to get rid of bryz you are going to have to send someone with him that has keeper value

i dont find this deal to be terrible to be honest

anderson may not be the goalie you have in mind but i am not sure you can be choosy

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max