Thread: Hot hand Tarasenko for real?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hot hand Tarasenko for real?

I know it's early and players come down to earth. Is this guy going to be a legitimate star of blue chip quality. He's looked dominate so far. I'm just not a fan of Russians. Once there paid....they don't play. People's thoughts as I'm thinking of maybe trading for him.
    Yahoo H2H Keeper 21 man keep 12
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP,HITs,SOG / W GAA SV SV% SHO

C Roy
    C Bozak
    C Stastny
    L Ovechkin
    L Hall
    L Vanek
    R Eberle
    R Skinner
    R Kessel
    Utill Fleischmann
    D B.Campbell
    D Kulikov
    D Garrison
    D Drew Doughty
    F C.Neil
    F Brouwer
    F Bozak
    F Pacioretty

Goal: Price, Rask, Kipper, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Stud

I think he'll slow down but I think he'll be a consistent 75-80pt threat. Hitch is using him well which I was worried about due to Hitch's history in CLB with Filatov. Apparently Tarasenko has a really good attitude which in a way neutralizes that 'Russian factor'. St. Louis has needed an explosive offensive factor for a while here and all indicators point to he's it.

As for trying to trade for him now, I'm not sure you're timing is great. Hype machine is in full torque, a definite buy high in which you will have to overpay. I'd wait until he hits a bit of a slump. (But here's hoping he doesn't, I drafted him myself...)
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think the guy is a stud. Keep him

Dobber Sports Padawan

I believe he is very much for real...however, I also believe your ability to trade for him at fair value has pretty much gone out the window.

I don't understand the KHL factor that weighs so heavily with so many people...perhaps we should start a thread of the awesome NHL talents that have originated from Russia...Doesn't Hockeytown Detroit owe it's fabled history to a group of Russians? Ovie, Malkin, Kovy...sign me up for anyone of them. How many Canadians try their hand in the KHL and can't wait to get the he'll out of there yet we,re mad at a handful of Russians who do the same.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well he won't be a PPG player this year, but yes I do believe he's for real. He's not a typical rookie, as he spent the last 5 years (including this year) playing in the KHL against grown men. He didn't come from a junior league, so he's a little more mature (being 21 helps) and has that experience against older stronger players.

Long-term he's a great player to own. I was a little cautious with his one-year outlook because I wasn't sure how the Blues would use him (didn't know if he'd get enough PP time). But it looks like they're putting him in a situation to succeed, and he's come through to this point. I'd still temper expectations a bit for this year since I'm sure he'll slump at some point and maybe he loses that PP time when that happens. But for the future he's one of the best young players to own.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

He's a great player and he will only continue to get better, that said he won't keep up his current pace, but I can't not see him being a great player in the league for years to come.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No points last night. Guy's a bum. I'm dropping him for Winnik.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    He's a great player and he will only continue to get better, that said he won't keep up his current pace, but I can't not see him being a great player in the league for years to come.
    His current pace was 120 points over 48 games. No offense, but no kidding he wasn't going to keep that pace. But is it too much to expect a point a game? He is on the first pp and he is playing with AMac. Those are two really good factors that will help him out.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeker View Post
    I know it's early and players come down to earth. Is this guy going to be a legitimate star of blue chip quality. He's looked dominate so far. I'm just not a fan of Russians. Once there paid....they don't play. People's thoughts as I'm thinking of maybe trading for him.
    Yes, he's for real. And he's looked dominant, not dominate. Dominate is a verb, not an adjective.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It helps me solidfy word differentiation to have a concrete example.

Dakkster, is this accurate? "I'm going to dominate you Dakkster."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    His current pace was 120 points over 48 games. No offense, but no kidding he wasn't going to keep that pace. But is it too much to expect a point a game? He is on the first pp and he is playing with AMac. Those are two really good factors that will help him out.
    I don't think I would expect a PPG from him rookies just don't usually get to that level. However in a shortened season who knows things are a little different.

I would expect 30-35 points, and hope for more. He's definitely getting the opportunity for it, now we just hope he can keep the ice time and keep scoring.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

I said this before he came over, the situation (their depth at F) and Hitchcock are the only things that give me second thoughts about his likelihood/level of success. The good thing is that those are not permanent factors however and Vlad's ability is.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Banned

just like in the khl he is producing despite big ice-time. tarasenko has been right around the fifteen minute mark so far this season. i said the same thing in a seguin thread earlier, but it is mighty hard to produce point per game numbers with only fifteen minutes icetime a game. you probably have to go back a lot of years to find someone who last did it...

that said, if key guys remain healthy, this team is going to socre more goals than anybody thinks they will, and, like fine wine, their offence will only get better with age...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Should have traded for him 2 years ago.

Try to stay ahead of the curve by getting players before they do something to get noticed by everyone. That's a lot of what this site is about.
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,