Thread: Carter, Dubnyk for Howard, Markov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Carter, Dubnyk for Howard, Markov

Hi all,

Can someone help me evaluate this trade? League settings and roster are in my sig below.

I give:
    Carter
    Dubnyk

I receive:
    Howard
    Markov

I am looking to upgrade goaltending and move a goalie from the Northwest Division. I figured Howard might be a good target, though I worry that he won't perform as well now that Lidstrom and Stuart are gone. Does anyone else also think so? This GM also has Holtby whom I'm sure I can potentially target in a deal, should I switch and ask for him?

Thanks!
    Last edited by You Know Jay; January 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
    16 Teams - Full Dynasty Keeper - H2H - 23 Players - 5 Farm Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wink

totally my opinion, but I say

"OH GOD NO!"

Dubnyk, I think, is going to surprise many this year. And could very easily finish with better fantasy stats than Howard and the Lidstromless Red Wings.

The other components are just silly. Carter is starting fresh this year and I think will bounce back to his earlier production.

The fact that Markov didn't leave the game against the Leafs on Saturday is remarkable. But I would place a friendly wager that he's going to miss time by game 10. He's a JOKE of a BAB. To bad, cause when he's healthy, he's very productive.

If I was the other guy you where offering this to...I'd make the deal without thinking and before you had a chance to think and post it here and have the rest of us talk you out of it.

Again...just my personal (heavily weighted) opion!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    The fact that Markov didn't leave the game against the Leafs on Saturday is remarkable. But I would place a friendly wager that he's going to miss time by game 10. He's a JOKE of a BAB. To bad, cause when he's healthy, he's very productive.
    Agreed, he's basically a throw-in. I'd be using him until Subban is back, at which point I'd drop him for someone else.
    16 Teams - Full Dynasty Keeper - H2H - 23 Players - 5 Farm Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO