Thread: Pekka Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Pekka Rinne

Compared to many of your leagues, goalies in my league aren't that valuable. There are only 10 teams, and we only start one net minder. Their points (4 for win, 8 for SO) are weighted relative to goals and assists, but we don't take GAA, SVs, SV%, etc. in to account. As a result, I wonder if some goalies are less dominant as they are in other leagues.

I currently have Rinne and Schneider as my tenders. I question whether Rinne's wins and SOs will regress this season due to the loss of a defender like Suter. With Schneider, I could see Luongo sticking around and making a bigger impact than most predict.

There are a plethora of solid goalies available, and I'm wondering if, strictly in terms of wins and SOs, any of these goalies could be an improvement over either Schneider or Rinne. All thoughts are appreciated:

Backstrom
    Varlamov
    Elliott
    Lindback
    Pavelec
    Theodore
    Hiller
    Brodeur
    Anderson

Now, to be honest, the only ones that I think are possibilities are Backstrom, Elliott, and Lindback. What do you think?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

rinne is probably top 3 in the league...i'd hold on to him

Dobber Sports Stud

Keep what you got. Rinne is Top 3 goalie. And it's only been one game for Schneider.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Compared to many of your leagues, goalies in my league aren't that valuable. There are only 10 teams, and we only start one net minder. Their points (4 for win, 8 for SO) are weighted relative to goals and assists, but we don't take GAA, SVs, SV%, etc. in to account. As a result, I wonder if some goalies are less dominant as they are in other leagues.

I currently have Rinne and Schneider as my tenders. I question whether Rinne's wins and SOs will regress this season due to the loss of a defender like Suter. With Schneider, I could see Luongo sticking around and making a bigger impact than most predict.

There are a plethora of solid goalies available, and I'm wondering if, strictly in terms of wins and SOs, any of these goalies could be an improvement over either Schneider or Rinne. All thoughts are appreciated:

Backstrom
    Varlamov
    Elliott
    Lindback
    Pavelec
    Theodore
    Hiller
    Brodeur
    Anderson

Now, to be honest, the only ones that I think are possibilities are Backstrom, Elliott, and Lindback. What do you think?
    Actually, you could argue that even more are possibilities (e.g. Hiller, Varlamov, Anderson) but considering how many are available and in a 10 team, start 1 league, there's no hurry to make a move. Rinne should remain regardless, and I would only drop Schneider if you know that Vancouver will continue with the tandem all season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys...perhaps I'm just chasing SO totals
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Wizard

never chase shutouts they are not reliable

better goalies tend to get them but they are not a guarantee

and after 1 game is a bit early to worry about them

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG