Thread: Halak picks up where he left off

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Halak picks up where he left off

A shut out is a shut out, whether it's 14 shots or 34 shots. St. Louis looks to be one of the strong teams in the West this year and it could be a changing of the guard. A 6-0 drubbing of the Wings is impressive and even though the story is Tarasenko, you can't overlook Halak. He had 6 shutouts last year and if he gets to play a majority of the games this year, he might get another 6 in a shortened season. This guy is a fantasy stud and with Hitchcock's system, a dynamic offense lead by (hopefully) Tarasenko, McDonald and Bitch on D (that's what one of the other fantasy owners in my league calls Pietrangelo because he wants him and I won't trade him to him and every time we play head to head, Pietra kills him..lol) the Blues could really be in for some big things this year.

Hopefully Halak keeps it going from here.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good for him!! Unfortunately I had him on my bench in favor of Price and Varly because Halak was playing the Wings. Should have known!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kind of hard to predict that the Wings would get 14 shots though.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen