Thread: Big trade, do I pull the trigger?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Big trade, do I pull the trigger?

Guy in my league is a big Rangers fan; he wants Lundy pretty badly.
    What do you think?
    His Crosby, Marleau, and Schneider for my Lundqvist, Backstrom(C), and Michalek.
    My team and scoring cats are in the sig below.

Dobber Sports Icon

As much as I really like Lundqvist and Backstrom, I think this is the cheapest you will ever have a chance to get Crosby plus you are receiving a very capable goalie in return. I would probably pull the trigger on this.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

I like it because in a H2H league, having elite goaltending is not as crucial given the unpredictable weekly production.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I usually don't focus too hard on goaltending... but... I'd say no.
    Lundqvist is Lundqvist.

Crosby is a 10/10 in all offensive categories, but I still see Backstrom as a 8.5/10 in all offensive categories. So Backstrom is significant.

I see Lundqvist to Schneider as a potentially HUGE downgrade... since I'm not sold that Schneider is going to get over 60% of starts. The Canucks are still going to play Luongo a good amount (both for his value and to "showcase" him).

I'd decline.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i agree with pengwin

it looks like you started out with him trying to acquire lundqvist and it morphed into you trying to acquire crosby

he wants the player he should be the one overpaying if there is any overpaying going on not you and you are overpaying in this situation

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I usually don't focus too hard on goaltending... but... I'd say no.
    Lundqvist is Lundqvist.

Crosby is a 10/10 in all offensive categories, but I still see Backstrom as a 8.5/10 in all offensive categories. So Backstrom is significant.

I see Lundqvist to Schneider as a potentially HUGE downgrade... since I'm not sold that Schneider is going to get over 60% of starts. The Canucks are still going to play Luongo a good amount (both for his value and to "showcase" him).

I'd decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i agree with pengwin

it looks like you started out with him trying to acquire lundqvist and it morphed into you trying to acquire crosby

he wants the player he should be the one overpaying if there is any overpaying going on not you and you are overpaying in this situation
    Interesting and respect helpful advice. My reasoning is that he has two serviceable goalies already in Anderson and Backstrom so I don't think it'll hurt as much if Schneider doesn't have a full workload. Perhaps saves might be tight but I still think he could be competitive weekly. Also, I like the upgrade from Michalek to Marleau.

But you give good reasoning so like I said, agree to disagree.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I hear you... but I personally think Anderson is going to be an enormous dud for the coming year.
    That Ottawa defense is atrocious. Worst in the league possibly?
    (Have I mentioned how badly I want to move him from my RHRS team?)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I do still have a high tier center in Toews, I'm just thinking I can use some more goal scoring. I'm trying to get Gaborik instead of Marleau, but it's looking more and more like it will fall through.

Here's his team, maybe you guys can help me think of a good counteroffer.
    C: Crosby, Seguin(RW), Marleau(LW)
    LW: Semin(RW), Elias(C), Filppula(C)
    RW: Gaborik, Versteeg(LW), Vrbata
    D: Boyle, Campbell, Ehrhoff, Carle
    G: Schneider, Crawford, Theodore

I know for a fact that he hates Crosby, so that's why I was including him in the proposal.