Thread: How to autodraft

Dobber Sports Stud

Default How to autodraft

OK, I know it's too general a topic, but I've never done it before, and just found out my league has pushed the draft to Wed when I'll be out of the country. I have today to set this up.

Provider = CBS, live snake draft. I'm 6th out of 10.

I was originally planning on going very late with goalies due to higher variance in shorter season I'm hoping to get almost as much value from some decent back-ups as from top guys. Wins may be hurt by using back-ups a little, but with compressed sched they'll get more work anyway. GAA and SV% can be fine from #2 guys.

I value D highly (eg I feel Chara will give 1st round value), but others in my league not as much so I planned on waiting a bit,looking for top-34 guys in 3rd+, top 10 guys in 6th+

My first round pick will be Crosby. I could take Spezza in 7th, but was waffling on if I could not keep him and draft him ven later (got him in 9th last year).

Any strategy tips on how to set up an autodraft list to try to accomplsh any of these goals? I know it will never give me exactly what I want, and have resigned myself to counting on dumb luck to contend this year (hey, happens in H2H short seasons), But I'd like to not feel sad as I set my lineup every Monday for the next few months.

Thanks for any ideas!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

I should narrow this down to a more tractable, focused question: If I keep two left wings, should I slide all other LW far down the list to assure balance among my starters? On the one hand, I'm worried that I could miss a bargain that would give me a nice trade piece if someone I don't expect slips to my spot, but on the other, I don't want to open up my team and find I don't have any RW worth starting.

I guess this is a subset of the topic of best player available strategy.

Thanks in advance.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones