Thread: i disagree dobber

Dobber Sports Stud

Default i disagree dobber

schennsation is a better player than voracek

philly knows this

thats why hes top line with the top dog roo

....oh how i remember the days of being told roo will never make it up the depth chart with richards carter briere

roo wipes his --- with those guys. LOL

so does schenn for that matter. wait till this kid peaks. it will be schennsational.....

Dobber Sports Stud

on that note....its a roo v.s cindy showdown sat!!!!!!

love it. cindy is roos bit-h!!!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Just to play devil's advocate here, Giroux did not make it up the depth chart with Richards and Carter there. It was not until they were moved that he really got a chance to shine. Although his potential did make it possible for Philly to move them.

I think time will tell on the Schenn/Voracek situation but I prefer Schenn's chances.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here, Giroux did not make it up the depth chart with Richards and Carter there. It was not until they were moved that he really got a chance to shine. Although his potential did make it possible for Philly to move them.

I think time will tell on the Schenn/Voracek situation but I prefer Schenn's chances.
    not quite...roo is the reason they were moved.....carters a star...richards is very good....roo is top 5 on the planet

voraceks been around he had his chance. its the schenn - roo era moving forward. sorry Jakub.

Dobber Sports Pro

They are both good players so they are both going to achieve. Obviously if Voracek stays on line two it will be a bummer, but he also will be playing against weaker opponents. He was also spectacular on the PP last year, and the Flyers ran a lot of it through him. Hopefully he stays on PP1.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

I will admit I am puzzled by the seemingly sudden back-pedal with regard to Schenn's upside. What happened to the uber gush-fest when he was nothing but King's prospect? At the time, I seem to recall prognosticators skeet-skeet-skeeting all over themselves at the notion of Schenn breaking the King's lineup to unleash all that skill.

Now he's being written off for a 50pt forward. Not that I don't think Voracek is capable of more than 50pts, but what happened to Schenn's skillset? Did he lose it during the lockout??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Schenn's definitely got the momentum right now, but it's still way too early. Until a few days ago, Voracek was tabbed for that spot. It can change on a dime.

I'm personally hoping Voracek gets his shot seeing as how I drafted him purely on the assumption he was lining up with Giroux.

Based on what little we know of Schenn right now though, I'd still take Voracek over him in a one-year. That could change very quickly however.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Schenn's definitely got the momentum right now, but it's still way too early. Until a few days ago, Voracek was tabbed for that spot. It can change on a dime.

I'm personally hoping Voracek gets his shot seeing as how I drafted him purely on the assumption he was lining up with Giroux.

Based on what little we know of Schenn right now though, I'd still take Voracek over him in a one-year. That could change very quickly however.
    lose the fantasy hat fellows

schenns by far the better player. phillys well aware of this. just like they were aware of roo.

lines??? lol...some of you are crazazy!!!! the top 6 on philly are both #1 lines. its IRRELEVANT who lines up where on gamenight as it will always change....injurys etc.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    lines??? lol...some of you are crazazy!!!! the top 6 on philly are both #1 lines. its IRRELEVANT....
    Let's see... lining up with Giroux vs. Briere... yeah I think it's relevant especially considering Roo's linemates stuck for the entire year last season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i fully expect it to be schenn over voracek

in 10-11 i came out of the draft with jvr because of all of the hype surrounding him

needless to say less than 5 games in to that season i was dropping jvr to grab giroux off the wire and have had him ever since

i came out of the draft with voracek this season so i would be fine with this happening with schenn (its my small family league so schenn is out there)

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Let's see... lining up with Giroux vs. Briere... yeah I think it's relevant especially considering Roo's linemates stuck for the entire year last season.
    we talking LAST year?????

im talking THIS year

with old man Jagr in the lineup it was a little different. most NHL teams swap there top 6 around many times

lose the fantasy hat fellows

schenns by far the better player. phillys well aware of this. just like they were aware of roo.

lines??? lol...some of you are crazazy!!!! the top 6 on philly are both #1 lines. its IRRELEVANT who lines up where on gamenight as it will always change....injurys etc.....
    Well, "irrelevant" may be overstating just a tich. Sure there's always risk in lines changing, but a player has to be put in a position to succeed and the fourth line ain't it.

Blayze has a point too...in one year leagues, I'd probably choose Voracek before Schenn. BUT Voracek's ceiling is much lower than Schenn's...imo
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Well, "irrelevant" may be overstating just a tich. Sure there's always risk in lines changing, but a player has to be put in a position to succeed and the fourth line ain't it.

Blayze has a point too...in one year leagues, I'd probably choose Voracek before Schenn. BUT Voracek's ceiling is much lower than Schenn's...imo
    im referring to top 6 only......of course roos a mainstay on TOP line but his wingers wont be.......schennsations gold either way but hes the better player than Jakuk. period. its really not even close.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd say Harty is a lock to be Giroux's wingman. Can't see them moving him given the chemistry the two have and the fact that he brings grit to that line that none of the other guys can.

im referring to top 6 only......of course roos a mainstay on TOP line but his wingers wont be.......schennsations gold either way but hes the better player than Jakuk. period. its really not even close.
    Yeah, I misunderstood.

Agreed that Voracek's not a high hurdle for Schenn to jump, but there is some risk that it doesn't happen this year. In one year leagues, I like the Schenn pick cuz everyone else is looking at Voracek - I like that kind of set up/risk.

But i could see where Voracek is the safer pick, depending on your fantasy team need (say 2nd or 3rd forward)
    @SmittysRant