Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rank 16 Team league w/ Hits and Blks...REP

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default Rank 16 Team league w/ Hits and Blks...REP

    Alright this is probably my most obscure league considering the common ones that we see.

    16 team Yahoo H2H
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blks
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO
    Starting: CC,LL,RR,DD,Util,GG with 5 Bench

    C: Stamkos, Zajac,Stepan, Granlund
    LW: Kane, Kunitz
    RW: Brown (LW), Voracek, Horton
    D; Kronwall, Whitney, Kulikov
    G: Bryz, Lehtonen, Pavelec

    With it being a 16 team league....the guy at 3 took Lundqvist so I grabbed Stammer at 4. Not bad.

    By the time my next pick happened the goalie run had began and Lundy, Quick, MAF, Rinne, Howard, Rask, Miller, Smith, Ward had went....so I went Bryz. Then Schneider, Halak, Crawford, Price, Niemi went....so I went Lehtonen ....kind of a risky move but ensuring 2 starters is wise.

    The key move I think was taking Pavelec in round 7 when guys weren't even thinking about a 3rd goalie. I will be selling high.

    I missed out on Girardi by one pick in the 2nd last round...other than that I was very happy.

    Thoughts?

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  2. #2
    msb's Avatar
    msb is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    303
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    8

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Pretty solid. I think Bryz will have a bounce back season. Only immediate concern is enough hits and blks. Brown and Kunitz should probably cover it though. Would be nice to see Horton light it up. Agree with yah, nice draft. That should be a real fun league with 16 of you.
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

    C: Plekanec, Carter (lw/rw), Hertl, F. Nielson
    LW: Pacioretty, Hudler, Nash (rw), Dubinsky
    RW: Clarkson, Cole, Neal (lw/c), Skinner (c), Backes (c)
    D: Subban, J. Johnson, Brodin, Faulk
    G: Howard, Halak, Thomas

    Football
    14 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

    QBs: Wilson, Pryor
    WR: L. Fitzgerald, A. Jeffery, V. Brown, M.Brown, S. Hill, Boykins
    RB: Peterson, Gore, Z. Stacy,
    TE: Witten, C. Clay
    K: Hartley
    DEF: Chicago
    IDP: Sean Lee

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Kane should also do the trick in the hits and Stepan surprisingly almost had 140....but still yes I missed out on Callahan by a few picks as well.

    Thanks man. Rep coming

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  4. #4
    Yardsale's Avatar
    Yardsale is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    780
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alright this is probably my most obscure league considering the common ones that we see.

    16 team Yahoo H2H
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blks
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO
    Starting: CC,LL,RR,DD,Util,GG with 5 Bench

    C: Stamkos, Zajac,Stepan, Granlund
    LW: Kane, Kunitz
    RW: Brown (LW), Voracek, Horton
    D; Kronwall, Whitney, Kulikov
    G: Bryz, Lehtonen, Pavelec

    With it being a 16 team league....the guy at 3 took Lundqvist so I grabbed Stammer at 4. Not bad.

    By the time my next pick happened the goalie run had began and Lundy, Quick, MAF, Rinne, Howard, Rask, Miller, Smith, Ward had went....so I went Bryz. Then Schneider, Halak, Crawford, Price, Niemi went....so I went Lehtonen ....kind of a risky move but ensuring 2 starters is wise.

    The key move I think was taking Pavelec in round 7 when guys weren't even thinking about a 3rd goalie. I will be selling high.

    I missed out on Girardi by one pick in the 2nd last round...other than that I was very happy.

    Thoughts?
    Pretty well rounded team.

    I think I'd like Price over Bryz, personally. But hopefully that risk turns out well.

    Kane/Stepan gets you hits. Kronwall gets you Blks; can't really see any other player on your roster getting more.

    Horton is a bit risky but can add PP, PIMs (though less now probably, after the concussion) and produce at a decent clip.
    1-Year 14-team H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG - W, SA, GAA, SV%,

    C: Bergeron, Turris
    LW: Pacioretty, Hertl, Ryan
    RW: St Louis, Wheeler, Purcell, Dupuis, Okposo
    D: Shattenkirk,Carlson, Krug, Giordano
    G: Rinne, Luongo


    1 Year 12 team H2H:
    G A +/- PPP SHP GWG SOG FW HITS BLKS
    W SV GS SVPT GAA S/O

    C - Duchene, Datsyuk, Koivu, Little, Richards
    LW - Benn, Vanek
    RW- Ovechkin
    D - Karlsson, Orpik, Fraser, Seabrook, Fowler
    G - Holtby, Thomas, Berra

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    I know. Price was my next target and he went two picks before I grabbed Lehtonen. The thing was with losses as a category I felt I had to go Bryz because I love Philly's team this year.

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  6. #6
    Essej's Avatar
    Essej is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    14

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    I like the goalies, getting Pavelec in round 7 in my opinion is a steal. Whether you use him or trade him, he's a great pick up for you in the draft.

    Not really a fan of your D, I like the Kronwall pick, to me that's fine I like to have one good D on my team. I don't like the Whitney pick unless it was in the second to last round, otherwise not really a fan of the pick, you probably could have got better value at a different position. Nothing wrong with Kulikov as your last pick. So I guess my only complaint would be picking Whitney, but that's only if he went anywhere before your second to last pick.

    Having Stamkos is a huge advantage, as he is one of the true elite players in the game, so huge plus there. Can't say I like the Zajac pick, as looking at his placement on your roster you selected him high, and that's the reason I don't like it. After Zajac it looks like you got good talent in terms of when they would have been drafted. I like your what you have on the wings, especially Brown and Kane.

    Should be a good team, and you should finish well, but something seems missing for it to be the top team.

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Thanks Essej.

    I see the issue with the D. This being the only pool Ive done with categories like this.....I listed out about 10 D that I really wanted in terms of solid to decent points, but also giving me high hits and blks. Weber and Edler were 1 and 2....some others went on the list before Kronwall came up. I know...Im a Wings fan....

    As for Zajac I actually didnt grab him til round 11 and 164th overall.

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  8. #8
    Yardsale's Avatar
    Yardsale is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    780
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Thanks Essej.

    I see the issue with the D. This being the only pool Ive done with categories like this.....I listed out about 10 D that I really wanted in terms of solid to decent points, but also giving me high hits and blks. Weber and Edler were 1 and 2....some others went on the list before Kronwall came up. I know...Im a Wings fan....

    As for Zajac I actually didnt grab him til round 11 and 164th overall.
    The peripheral stats like Hits and Blks make it interesting.

    Who'd you have in your top 10? Kronwall, Edler, Seabrook, Carle, Weber, Girardi, McDonagh, Phaneuf would be in mine for overall producers.
    1-Year 14-team H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG - W, SA, GAA, SV%,

    C: Bergeron, Turris
    LW: Pacioretty, Hertl, Ryan
    RW: St Louis, Wheeler, Purcell, Dupuis, Okposo
    D: Shattenkirk,Carlson, Krug, Giordano
    G: Rinne, Luongo


    1 Year 12 team H2H:
    G A +/- PPP SHP GWG SOG FW HITS BLKS
    W SV GS SVPT GAA S/O

    C - Duchene, Datsyuk, Koivu, Little, Richards
    LW - Benn, Vanek
    RW- Ovechkin
    D - Karlsson, Orpik, Fraser, Seabrook, Fowler
    G - Holtby, Thomas, Berra

  9. #9
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardsale View Post
    The peripheral stats like Hits and Blks make it interesting.

    Who'd you have in your top 10? Kronwall, Edler, Seabrook, Carle, Weber, Girardi, McDonagh, Phaneuf would be in mine for overall producers.
    Woww.....we think alike. My plan going in was to focus on D who got points as well as major hits and blocks....and leave the majority of the point scoring to the forwards. In no order I had all of those listed, plus Letang, Streit, Subban and OEL.

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  10. #10
    Yardsale's Avatar
    Yardsale is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    780
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Woww.....we think alike. My plan going in was to focus on D who got points as well as major hits and blocks....and leave the majority of the point scoring to the forwards. In no order I had all of those listed, plus Letang, Streit, Subban and OEL.
    Its fun working out the numbers, eh.
    1-Year 14-team H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG - W, SA, GAA, SV%,

    C: Bergeron, Turris
    LW: Pacioretty, Hertl, Ryan
    RW: St Louis, Wheeler, Purcell, Dupuis, Okposo
    D: Shattenkirk,Carlson, Krug, Giordano
    G: Rinne, Luongo


    1 Year 12 team H2H:
    G A +/- PPP SHP GWG SOG FW HITS BLKS
    W SV GS SVPT GAA S/O

    C - Duchene, Datsyuk, Koivu, Little, Richards
    LW - Benn, Vanek
    RW- Ovechkin
    D - Karlsson, Orpik, Fraser, Seabrook, Fowler
    G - Holtby, Thomas, Berra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •