Thread: How to improve this team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default How to improve this team

12 team, H2H Dynasty
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 Util., 2 G

C: Plekanec, Gagner (also RW), J. Staal (also LW), Strome, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Coyle (also RW), Pavelski (also RW)
    LW: Fleischmann
    RW: Wheeler, Vorakec
    D: Edler, Fowler, A. Larsson, OEL, Hamilton

G: Rinne, Rask, Elliott

So, I inherited this team a little over 1 season ago, and I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worthwhile to build around.

At this point, I believe that I at least have a core to build around. With Rask and Rinne, my goaltending should be near the top in the league. My defense cold potentially be pretty solid, but my forwards are a big question mark at this point.

I think I will compete in a year or two, but is there anything I could do to improve this roster?

Any help is appreciated, and I will definitely comment back for anyone that wants it.

Administrator

Seek out the Halak owner and dangle Elliott. He should want the handcuff and your goalies are otherwise good enough to handle losing Elliott. It might leave you thin in terms of depth but that's a risk you run even with Elliott.

I might seek to cash in some of your youngsters as well. The post World Juniors hype on Galchenyuk seems pretty substantial and that could carry for Strome as well as Grigorenko and certainly Hamilton. You've got a lot of young talent on this team but odds are half of your prospects won't reach your expectations so I would recommend cashing them in.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, I've been dangling Elliott to everyone. Doesn't seem to be working at all. Also, I don't think many of the other managrs are as interested in prospects as I am.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jason.park.87 View Post
    Yeah, I've been dangling Elliott to everyone. Doesn't seem to be working at all. Also, I don't think many of the other managrs are as interested in prospects as I am.
    I don't know what to tell you. Keep trying? I'm sure there is interest. Your expectations might just be too high. Its impossible to know though so maybe try posting some of your offers.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I keep sending out offers with Elliott included, but get a ton come back with Rask included, and a few with Rinne included. They're ALMOST untouchable on my team - being young AND really good.

Dobber Sports Expert

MetalDude makes a strong point about Elliot to the Halak owner. Try maybe to package Elliot with Strome to get a roster player...
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've been sending offers, and I received 2 counter-offers from one manager today. I wanted to get some thoughts on the offers from you guys.

Offer 1:

I give:
    Staal
    Pavelski
    Elliott

I get:
    Pominville
    Cole
    Moulson

Offer 2:

I give:
    Pavelski
    Wheeler
    Edler
    Elliott

I get:
    Pominville
    Ian White
    Moulson
    Stafford

While I think Moulson is the best player in either deal (IMO), I'm not really a fan of Cole or White, and don't really like having 2 guys from the same team at a given position.

Thoughts on either trade guys?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just got offered Marcus Foligno and Zack Kassian for Plekanec and Elliott? Seeing that Halak is the starter, I was thinking this was a pretty good deal.

Also, dropped Coyle a couple days ago, and picked up Jared Spurgeon (D - Minnesota). He's slotted in to play with Suter (at least to start the year).

Good moves? Thoughts?