Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zajac signed long-term

Dobber Sports Wizard

i also still cant believe these idiots are still giving out ntcs

as was pointed out earlier it being a long term contract did nothing to push the value down nor apparently has the ntc

these things are supposed to get the contract below market value not be part and parcel of every single contract

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I got to thinking about what you wrote here. Currently the highest caphit is $4.6M, but next year Lehtonen will have a caphit of $5.9M. Consider also that Gaglardi only took ownership a little over a year ago, November 21, 2011, to be exact. At that point they only had Morrow and Eriksson with caphits at or above $4M.

Since then they re-upped Lehtonen to the above $5M+ caphit, whereas his caphit prior to that was $3.5M. They've now paid out $4M+ each for Jagr, Whitney, and Roy. Gaglardi isn't necessarily going to be as conservative as previous ownership.
    Shh... don't give me cause to worry.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Shh... don't give me cause to worry.
    That was half the purpose of that post. I stand ready to reclaim my prize.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

Can we please fold the Devils now? Or fire their owners and management group? What the hell was the point of the lockout when it didn't even take two weeks for another back breaking contract to get signed? I don't get it. The Devils gave Zajac long term stability AND overpaid on a year by year basis! How does that happen? Granted Zajac's cap hit is probably only $1.5 million more than what it should be but still. I could see this sort of cap hit for like a three-year deal or give him a longer deal with less of a cap hit.

Zajac is getting his cake and eating it too. New Jersey is awful.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

I am so with you Metaldude26..............

This is a stupid, stupid signing. Zajac has never scored 70 points or 30 goals so it is not his offensive value. He had 2 decent years playing with parise who was carrying his whole team. Those 2 years his +/- was 22 and 23 but in no other year was he better than +1, spending most of his time in the negatives, so it's not his defensive acumen. What makes him worth this? WHAT?

To say he deserves the money as a #1C is ridiculous. A third of the teams in the NHL do not have a "#1C" as they are few and far between. My guess he would rank somewhere around 40th in C rankings, if that, and would not be a #1 on most NHL teams.

NJ deserves to lose their team, signing a contract like this. Parise is probably laughiung his ass off and Kovy will be thrilled to know that Zajac will be the most talented player NJ will be able to afford to play with him for the next 6 years.

The lockout was to reset the salaries in the league, redistribute the wealth and to put some accountability on teams for managing the financial repercussions of their signings. I honestly threw up a little when I saw this.

Maybe it is the GMs who are stupid and the owners and players just taking theur lead from the "knowledgeable hockey men".

I had such hope after Sather held the line on MDZ. Now this idiot just made Benn worth 7-8 at least.

jnbdoqfhb ojgbfqjioiuqbyr/oenopvu,putm[noi4uo8[tum4pviop35t9/iuqoiujep!!!!!!

I am so pissed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Zajac at 5.8 vs Sedin at 6.1

hmmm... yeah

Banned

devils used to be a first class organization...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    The GM's who signed those deals with the expectation of a salary cap north of $70 million for 2013-14 were fools. They had to know the cap was going to go down for the short term atleast. Take Boston for example. They knew very well what to expect from new CBA when they gave the extensions to Lucic and Seguin.
    I'm not going to call them fools directly but they can't keep a job for more than 2-3 years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Unhappy Crazy

Screwy Louie strikes again. He must have become senile with his advancing age.
    Problem is this sets the market.
    Bring back the lockout
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Is it me, or is that way too much for Zajac?
    remember THERE is a reason the NHL is a joke. The post lockout signing of Zajac to this amount shows the NHL has learnt NOTHING......again

they just dont get it. apparently never will. wow NJ's gonna be garbage for the next 10 years lol.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by grindin griers View Post
    Tough spot for NJ. He was set to be a FA this summer and after having Parise leave, if Zajac leaves then they are screwed big time. For me it looked like Zajac had all the leverage.
    it is a tough spot for NJ BUT thats the problem in the NHL. you DONT pay a player what hes worth to YOUR team....you pay a player on what hes worth compared to rest of league.

NHL can never get it right and its because they continue to have guaranteed contracts.

in the late 90's- early 2000's they were overpaying Messier for what he had done in the PAST

now they are paying players on 'future potential'

im off track here but the fact that Nathan Mackinnon scored an endorsement contract already just shows how hockey drives people insane. NFL sets the bar and the NHL really needs pay attention. This game is going downhill FAST with players like Zajac making that kind of $$$.

drunk uncle lou

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by coldsquad2002 View Post
    Screwy Louie strikes again. He must have become senile with his advancing age.
    Problem is this sets the market.
    Bring back the lockout
    junk ass NHL. they wonder why its only a matter of time before players jump ship to the KHL. every average NHLer is now gonna get paid like rockstars. They wont be able to afford superstars.

Zajac is worth MAYBE 3 years at 3.5 per. MAYBE

Dobber Sports Icon

The comments in this thread are exactly why everyone on this website manages fantasy teams and do not work for NHL teams.

Travis Zajac is a very valuable member of the NJ Devils. He is their #1 center and has been for the past 4 seasons. Over that time, he was #3 (counting the Devils Stanley Cup run only), #3, #2 and #2 in Time on ice per game for forwards. He plays on the 2nd PP unit and is a regular on the PK and he takes 30% of the team's face-offs. He's also been a very durable player as prior to his achilles injury, he had missed 0 games in the previous 4 seasons. Just because he's never scored 30 goals or had 70 points does not mean that he is not worth being paid as a #1 center.

If I was the Dallas Stars (or the Colorado Avalanche), I would be very happy with this contract being signed. I think it sets the ceiling as to what Benn or O'Reilly should be earning as neither of them have proven to be as valuable to their teams as Zajak has been over the past 4 seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The comments in this thread are exactly why everyone on this website manages fantasy teams and do not work for NHL teams.

Travis Zajac is a very valuable member of the NJ Devils. He is their #1 center and has been for the past 4 seasons. Over that time, he was #3 (counting the Devils Stanley Cup run only), #3, #2 and #2 in Time on ice per game for forwards. He plays on the 2nd PP unit and is a regular on the PK and he takes 30% of the team's face-offs. He's also been a very durable player as prior to his achilles injury, he had missed 0 games in the previous 4 seasons. Just because he's never scored 30 goals or had 70 points does not mean that he is not worth being paid as a #1 center.

If I was the Dallas Stars (or the Colorado Avalanche), I would be very happy with this contract being signed. I think it sets the ceiling as to what Benn or O'Reilly should be earning as neither of them have proven to be as valuable to their teams as Zajak has been over the past 4 seasons.

versteegs valuable to fla. should he get a raise?

you dont get it. if zajac is worth 48 mill. malkins worth 200 mill. bye nhl superstars....KHL will pay you

The Wolverine

All I have to say is now it's the time for him to have a career season to earn it.