Thread: How reliable will Holtby be?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default How reliable will Holtby be?

I took Raask in the third because I was amazed he was still there then Holtby n the 9th for the same reasoning...

Needless to say. Was not the goalie tandem I had been envisioning for my squad... Didn't even really research the situation much n Washington

Apparently that was a mistake n Neuvirth will get abundant starts...

So do I drop varlamov my third keep in a start 2 league for Neuvirth and insurance or is varlamov a better option and jus play Holtby when he starts

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd certainly keep Varlamov over Neuvirth at this point. Last I heard Oates said Holtby would be starting their opener, so take that as a good sign.

Dobber Sports Pro

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...n-holtby-star/

He's expected to start but we should all temper expectations for a goalie who has less than 40 NHL games under his belt. He's had a nice run in Hershey this year and should be in prime game shape when the season opens on Saturday. I would keep varly for now but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some crease sharing happening if Holtby gets off to a rough start.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Icon

I definitely keep Varly over Neuvirth even though you own Holtby. Varlamov is the #1 in Colorado.

I've been trying to stay away from the Washington situation. Holtby could easily turn out to be a flash in the pan, or he could end up taking over from Neuvirth as the clear cut starter.

Keep Holtby for now, but keep a close eye on the situation in Washington as it plays out. If Holtby falters, drop him and snag Neuvirth.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

There will be a short leash all around in Washington. If Holtby starts off 0-2 expect Neuvy to start until he loses. If he goes for more than 3 without a loss, don't expect him to get yanked for a bit.

I forsee this, especially in the shortened season, to be a ride of the hot goaltender in a true 1A 1B situation.
    In too many leagues for too much money to put my teams in my signature anymore

Banned

varly could end up your top performer by year's end...