Thread: Bryzgalov/Schneider good enough?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bryzgalov/Schneider good enough?

Schneider was a keeper from last year. I could have taken ward or miller with my first pick this year but took Letang instead(kind of wishing i took ward now) so by the time my next pick rolled around best available was:

Bryz
    Luongo
    Kipper
    Elliot

Took bryz but now am wishing i had picked a skater with that pick and waited a round or two to get elliott then could have grabbed a 3rd goalie like Lindback toward the end. I would rather have a goalie giving me one great start a week like elliot probably will rather than 3 questionable ones that bryz might produce that blows up my % and gaa. My league counts 3 goalie cats W,Sv%,GAA.

Another manager has 4 goalies which seems excessive: MAF,Halak,Elliot,Lindback.
    I was thinking of offering him like Bryz//Roy for Elliot/Lindback so he adds a fprward. Thoughts? Or should i hope for a Bryz rebound?
    12 Team H2H
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%
    C-Grabovski,Dubinsky(lw),Hanzal,Monahan
    LW-Zetterberg(c),Benn,Cammalleri,Pacioretty
    RW-Giroux(c)Nash(LW),Vrbata,Purcell,Iginla
    D-Subban,Edler,Garrison
    G-Holtby,Schneider,Halak
    IR:Nash

Dobber Sports Stud

I personally wouldn't make the trade you are considering. I'm thinking Bryzgalov has a better season than the last, and at the end of the day should be very solid in wins no matter what, so there's a plus. I honestly would have drafted Kipper in round two instead of Bryzgalov; but I like Bryzgalov better than Elliott and Lindback.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Schneider was a keeper from last year. I could have taken ward or miller with my first pick this year but took Letang instead(kind of wishing i took ward now) so by the time my next pick rolled around best available was:

Bryz
    Luongo
    Kipper
    Elliot

Took bryz but now am wishing i had picked a skater with that pick and waited a round or two to get elliott then could have grabbed a 3rd goalie like Lindback toward the end. I would rather have a goalie giving me one great start a week like elliot probably will rather than 3 questionable ones that bryz might produce that blows up my % and gaa. My league counts 3 goalie cats W,Sv%,GAA.

Another manager has 4 goalies which seems excessive: MAF,Halak,Elliot,Lindback.
    I was thinking of offering him like Bryz//Roy for Elliot/Lindback so he adds a fprward. Thoughts? Or should i hope for a Bryz rebound?
    I would stay with what you have rather than try and get un unknown goalie and a goalie in a timeshare situation. I think Bryz will bounce back this year and at the very least get a ton of wins, because he really has no backup competition now that Bob is gone. If I were you I would stand pat.
    12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GA, SV%, SHO
    -----------------------------------------
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Stepan
    LW: Hall, Couture, Skinner
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Vrbata
    D: OEL, Krug, Garrison, Josi
    G: Bernier, Halak, Khodobin

18 Team Yahoo Daily H2H League
    C, LW, RW, W, D, D, Util, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    -------------------------------------
    C: Giroux(RW), M. Koivu
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty
    RW: Voracek, Neal (LW)
    D: Green, Burns(RW), Krug
    G: Hiller, Bernier, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

When you compare Bryzzy " Bad year " from last year it really was not that bad so if he rebounds a bit I think you will be happy.
    Year 8 keeper pool. 8 man roto pool. Keep 3 Center,3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drfated if not activated.G,A,+/-Hits,PPG,PPA,SHP,W,GAA,Sv%,SO

Centers: Tavares*,E.Staal*,Bergeron,Carter,M.Koivu,Marchard

Wings: Benn*,Ryan*,Zetterberg*,Hossa,Franzen,allaha,Macar thur

Utility: Brower, Brown

Defence: Karlsson*,Buff*,Oel*,Matta,Timonen,Gelinas,Gudas

Goalie: Quick*,Bobrovsky*,Khudoin

Farm: Galchenyuk,Coyle,Zibanejad,Nyquist (all keepers)