Thread: 3rd Goalie Vokoun,Nabkov,Harding,Bobrosky?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default 3rd Goalie Vokoun,Nabkov,Harding,Bobrosky?

Need a third goalie, who should I pick up?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Need a third goalie, who should I pick up?
    i would probably take a shot at bob

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Vokoun is the safest option, probably see a decent amount of action behind Fleury, and with the Penguins he should have a great chance to win every night he's in between the pipes.

Nabakov is a good option because h's going to start the year for the Islanders as the starter, unfortunately the Islanders aren't going to be a very good team, and his value takes a hit drastically because of it.

Harding is a good goalie, stuck behind a better goalie in Backstrom. But there's reason to believe that Harding could still get in more than a handful of games, and in certain scenarios could prove to be money.

Bobrovsky probably is designated as the starter for the Jackets, but neither is Mason, I would assume. Bob and Mason will fight early for the job, and the better of the two will prevail. Bob has the oppertunity to be the starter for the Jackets, and has the ability to help make the Jackets a better team. He's probably the least safe option, but his reward could potentially be the highest.

Looking at your goalies I think you need to go for the homerun swing, and for me that's Bobrovsky. Harding or Nabakov would be second/third in line. Vokoun doesn't fit your team at all, albeit being a safe option, unless Fleury gets hurt, where he would then become the most appealing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll go with Nabby. I think he'll have an okay season, playing a good bulk of games. Islanders slightly improved

Dobber Sports Pro

vokoun is gold with your cats as a 3rd goalie.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Ace

Since you're handcuffed with both Blues goalies, I'd make sure your 3rd goalie is one that gets fairly consistent starts. I like Vokoun, but if you take him, you might be lacking in the games played per week department. With that in mind, I'd go with Nabby, who actually had some decent stretches of goaltending last year.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 34/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Miller(RW)
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Connor, E.Kane
    RW} Nichushkin(LW), Rust, Zuccarello
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} DeSmith, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR} Demko
    IR+} none

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm pretty sure given your league set up that Vokoun is the best call here - you probably give away strength in the wins column but with two shutout type goalies in the Blues brace you want to make sure any game you get played by number 3 is going to have pretty strong ratios. Nabbie likely will get you more starts although Dipietro might be a pest, but with a pretty packed schedule Fleury is going to get rested and Vokoun should pick up a fair number of starts for you - perhaps 1 a week.

As soon as you handcuff goalies in your group of 3 you are pretty pooched to take wins every week - you might win your share of that cat but the focus now needs to be on GAA and SV%

Frankly I wonder if you really need another goalie with the quality of starts you are going to get from Halak and Elliott. Count their shutouts and then count shutouts for any other pairing in your league. I am betting you take an average of 2.5 categories a week
    Last edited by Shoeless; January 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks all great replies! The only thing I am worried about is starts per week which is three min, I feel Vokoun is the best option by what shoeless said I am going for SV%,GAA and Shotouts, I had a strategy if certain quality starters were gone early in my draft ( which they were) I would go for an elite tandom like the blues. So I need a nice complimentary goalie who won't sewer my stats.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram