Thread: Kiprusoff Projections compared to Hiller and Fluery

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Kiprusoff Projections compared to Hiller and Fluery

I'm in a dilemma in my salary, dynasty league. I have both Fleury and Hiller at full price but Kipper is just sitting out there in free agency and I could get him at a discount. What kind of projections do you have for Kipper this season? Do you think he'll be premium for 2 more years? Our stats are Ws, GAA, SV% and SOs. Rep given. Thanks.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    I'm in a dilemma in my salary, dynasty league. I have both Fleury and Hiller at full price but Kipper is just sitting out there in free agency and I could get him at a discount. What kind of projections do you have for Kipper this season? Do you think he'll be premium for 2 more years? Our stats are Ws, GAA, SV% and SOs. Rep given. Thanks.
    If it's a league that counts Wins, Saves, and Shutouts, I'd be all over him. In leagues where SvPct and GAA count, I'd be cautious. If you look at his last 5 or 6 seasons, he seems to be all over the place with ratios. Good season, mediocre season, good season, etc. It's actually what has kept me from going after him in the league in my sig.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For the moment Kipper is a good option for sure, but be aware that his contract is up after this season. Given his age it's possible that the Flames won't extend him. In a dynasty league I'd stay with Hiller and Fleury - or if your salary cap allows it go with Kipper as your 3rd G and drop a skater, maybe trade away a G to a manager in desperate need later in the season...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    For the moment Kipper is a good option for sure, but be aware that his contract is up after this season. Given his age it's possible that the Flames won't extend him. In a dynasty league I'd stay with Hiller and Fleury - or if your salary cap allows it go with Kipper as your 3rd G and drop a skater, maybe trade away a G to a manager in desperate need later in the season...
    Kipper has two years left on his contract. The thing with him to keep in mind, as already mentioned in the thread, is that his SPct and GAA are all over the place. But you can bank on him leading the league in Wins and Saves. Compared to Hiller and Fleury, I would rather have both of them than Kipper, due to age and better peripheral consistency.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would defintely take Kipper over Hiller. Honestly I think I would rather have Kipper over Fleury as well.

Kipper is still a great goalie. Kipper is going to see a ton of action. For the this season and one more after that, I still think he'll be a top goalie.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In a dynasty I'd take Fleury, Kipper then Hiller.

Kipper still has 2-3 years of solid production in my opinion, and I think the Flames will be a half-decent team this year.